DCS / CMYK --> RGB conversion

Post by dedd » Wed, 23 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm looking for a method to convert color separations in own files
(typical DCS) to composite RGB (using distiller, ghostscript, alchemy,
programs/scripts, ...).

Up to now I'm not successfull in reassembling the 4 separations in a
composite color plane. Best result up to now is a (PDF-)file, which
draws the 4 color planes in correct color one after each other (PS-Code
contained "true setoverprint").

How can I persuade these stubborn separations to build a fine composite
onefile graphic?

Thanks in advance,
Detlev

DCS / CMYK --> RGB conversion

Post by Tom Morni » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

: I'm looking for a method to convert color separations in own files
: (typical DCS) to composite RGB (using distiller, ghostscript, alchemy,
: programs/scripts, ...).

: Up to now I'm not successfull in reassembling the 4 separations in a
: composite color plane. Best result up to now is a (PDF-)file, which
: draws the 4 color planes in correct color one after each other (PS-Code
: contained "true setoverprint").

I must be missing something...

Open the DCS in Photoshop, Convert the file to RGB, Save as in any supported
file format? Perhaps the problem is that the DCS files are not necessary
raster only files?

-- Tom Mornini
-- InfoMania

1. help rgb->cmyk, ycc->cmyk, TIFF

Hi,

I am interested in information on how to convert from Kodak PhotoCD (YCC)
to CMYK, from RGB to CMYK, and on TIFF (versions 5.0 and 6.0).
Any info on these or pointers to who might know would be much
appreciated.
Many thanks

Hamish McNaughton

2. RealLensFlare demo version

3. Shadow Effect Filters?

4. I missed CMYK->RGB conversion

5. Graphics server

6. RGB -> CMYK conversion

7. max 2.5 net render in Win98

8. Web page illustrating CMYK -> RGB conversion

9. Conversion RGB -> CMYK

10. Reasonably good CMYK->RGB conversion?

11. RGB -> CMYK Conversion

12. CMYK -> RGB conversion