PCX format changes.

Post by Craig Roberts » Thu, 26 May 1994 04:34:57

I'm curious to know what changes have been made to the PCX file format
since the first version. I'm sceptical as to whether the run-time encoding
is the same as it was. Please let me know if you're wiser than I am.

Cheers,
        craig.

PCX format changes.

Post by Obi-W » Thu, 26 May 1994 17:40:35

> I'm curious to know what changes have been made to the PCX file format
> since the first version. I'm sceptical as to whether the run-time encoding
> is the same as it was.

Up until 6 months ago, the run-time encoding hadn't changed since
the first version, although the header info had undergone some
changes relating to color maps.  I don't know what, if anything,
has happened in the last 6 months.

Quote:> Please let me know if you're wiser than I am.

Yes, I'm wiser than you are.  ;-)   Sorry, I couldn't resist.

                                -- Obi-Wan

--
 |\_/|  AACK! ||  New sig under con-    ||  "Obi-Wan" (Ben Hollingsworth)
\`o.0'/       ||  struction due to the  ||  Dept. of Comp. Sci. & Engr.

PCX format changes.

Post by Lester Sussm » Sat, 28 May 1994 05:21:06

        Why don't you contact Zsoft directly?
        Address: Zsoft Corp. 450 Franklin Rd Suite 100, Marietta, GA 30067
        Phone: 404-428-0008
        Contact: Dean Ansley (code librarian)

        Hope this helps.
        Lester Sussman
        Sr Systems Engineer
        INTELSAT
        Washington D.C.

1. PCX format to IMG format

Amit,

I will check, but I believe that Hijaak will do just that. We have
had great success converting PCX files saved at 2000 line resolution
to .GIF using this process and then converting the .GIF files to
.SCD for slide imaging using HiRes-2-Slides. We are currently working
on a direct .PCX to .GIF or .SCD for our next upgrade.

I haven't been reading the messages in this conference for a few
months.. but after reading the first 30-40 messages there is definately
a need for information on available file conversion programs. If
you would like, I would happily compile a list of software programs
that we use and what file formats are supported. Unfortunately, there
doesn't seem to be ONE that does everything.. Hopefully, as we continue
to build our product, we will be able to meet more needs as we see
what those needs are.

I can be reached by voice: (713) 526-2331. Let me know if you are
anyone else would like me to write some sort of compilation of what
we know to be available.

2. *WANTED: Space animations*

3. Sampling a Hemisphere

4. Change PCX colour table??

5. tes....ting

6. need PCX file format

7. Help please!!!!!

8. convert JPEG files to TGA or BMP or PCX or TIF format

9. PCX FILE FORMAT

10. Converting Mac PCX format on PC

11. pcx to Dr Halo format

12. Please send me .PCX & .BMP picture formats