Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Post by instantkha.. » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I downloaded Picture tubes from the JASC. site..but when I try to
install in the tubes folder..it just won't do it. The "Install Tubes"
buttton always stays grey and keeps asking me to browse for the tubes
folder.which I did. Any ideas how to get the picture tubes installed?
     Michael

Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Post by Heather Jone » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Which version of PSP?  The same thing just happened to me when I tried to
install them to the PSP 6 beta.  However, I was able to install them to the
Tubes folder in PSP 5.  I tried copying them over to 6 and they wouldn't
work.  Finally, I read the ReadMe.doc (duh) that came with the beta and it
said this:

"Picture Tube File Format and Conversion
The picture tube file format has changed from Paint Shop Pro 5.x.  The
primary change is that the tube file control information is now stored in
the file itself, eliminating the need for a separate CTL file as used in
Paint Shop Pro 5.  As long as a tube file is in version 6 format, it can now
be simply added to Paint Shop Pro's Tubes directory to begin using it. If
you added new tubes to those distributed with Paint Shop Pro 5, the Paint
Shop Pro 6 installation program offers you the option of converting your
these tubes to the new format and configuring them for use in version 6.0.
This operation creates copies of the tubes you have added to version 5.xx
and stores these copies in the Tubes folder used by version 6.0, so your
original tube files are not modified unless you tell the Tube Converter to
store them in the same directory used to store your old tube files (which is
not the default of either the Paint Shop Pro 6 installer or the Tube
Converter). If you choose not to convert your PSP 5.xx tubes during
installation, you can still convert them later using the "Picture Tube
Converter" shortcut in the Start Menu under Paint Shop Pro 6."

I converted them and it worked.

Heather

Quote:> I downloaded Picture tubes from the JASC. site..but when I try to
> install in the tubes folder..it just won't do it. The "Install Tubes"
> buttton always stays grey and keeps asking me to browse for the tubes
> folder.which I did. Any ideas how to get the picture tubes installed?
>      Michael

Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Post by PatiNea » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

When I used the PSP6 tubes converter some of my favorite tubes did not
install, don't know why.  But I found that if I open
the tube in PSP, and did a file/export/picturetube  and entered columns and
rows data and the tube name, that the tube was
available for use.

I don't know why it skipped some of the tubes, could be a problem with tube
name.

Hope this helps

Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Post by instantkha.. » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I downloaded Picture tubes from the JASC. site..but when I try to
install in the tubes folder..it just won't do it. The "Install Tubes"
buttton always stays grey and keeps asking me to browse for the tubes
folder.which I did. Any ideas how to get the picture tubes installed?
     Michael

Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Post by Pamela Swan-Gitsc » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I installed my tubes in psp6 the same way that I did in psp5 works fine for
me.
Pam

Quote:> I downloaded Picture tubes from the JASC. site..but when I try to
> install in the tubes folder..it just won't do it. The "Install Tubes"
> buttton always stays grey and keeps asking me to browse for the tubes
> folder.which I did. Any ideas how to get the picture tubes installed?
>      Michael

Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Post by Heather Jone » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Did you see my earlier answer?

Heather

Quote:> I downloaded Picture tubes from the JASC. site..but when I try to
> install in the tubes folder..it just won't do it. The "Install Tubes"
> buttton always stays grey and keeps asking me to browse for the tubes
> folder.which I did. Any ideas how to get the picture tubes installed?
>      Michael

Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Post by Pamela Swan-Gitsc » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Michael, I tried sending the instructions in how to install tubes but got
the email back
Pam

> Did you see my earlier answer?

> Heather

> > I downloaded Picture tubes from the JASC. site..but when I try to
> > install in the tubes folder..it just won't do it. The "Install Tubes"
> > buttton always stays grey and keeps asking me to browse for the tubes
> > folder.which I did. Any ideas how to get the picture tubes installed?
> >      Michael

Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Post by instantkha.. » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:42:00 -0500, "Pamela Swan-Gitsch"

>Michael, I tried sending the instructions in how to install tubes but got
>the email back
>Pam

>> Did you see my earlier answer?

>> Heather

>> > I downloaded Picture tubes from the JASC. site..but when I try to
>> > install in the tubes folder..it just won't do it. The "Install Tubes"
>> > buttton always stays grey and keeps asking me to browse for the tubes
>> > folder.which I did. Any ideas how to get the picture tubes installed?
>> >      Michael

Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Post by instantkha.. » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I've got PSP beta 6 and I checked the version of the picture tubes I
downloaded and they are ver1.01 from 98'..soooo, I guess they are
meant for PSP5.Is that right? I downloaded the "summer",halloween"
tubes.
>Which version of PSP?  The same thing just happened to me when I tried to
>install them to the PSP 6 beta.  However, I was able to install them to the
>Tubes folder in PSP 5.  I tried copying them over to 6 and they wouldn't
>work.  Finally, I read the ReadMe.doc (duh) that came with the beta and it
>said this:

>"Picture Tube File Format and Conversion
>The picture tube file format has changed from Paint Shop Pro 5.x.  The
>primary change is that the tube file control information is now stored in
>the file itself, eliminating the need for a separate CTL file as used in
>Paint Shop Pro 5.  As long as a tube file is in version 6 format, it can now
>be simply added to Paint Shop Pro's Tubes directory to begin using it. If
>you added new tubes to those distributed with Paint Shop Pro 5, the Paint
>Shop Pro 6 installation program offers you the option of converting your
>these tubes to the new format and configuring them for use in version 6.0.
>This operation creates copies of the tubes you have added to version 5.xx
>and stores these copies in the Tubes folder used by version 6.0, so your
>original tube files are not modified unless you tell the Tube Converter to
>store them in the same directory used to store your old tube files (which is
>not the default of either the Paint Shop Pro 6 installer or the Tube
>Converter). If you choose not to convert your PSP 5.xx tubes during
>installation, you can still convert them later using the "Picture Tube
>Converter" shortcut in the Start Menu under Paint Shop Pro 6."

>I converted them and it worked.

>Heather

>> I downloaded Picture tubes from the JASC. site..but when I try to
>> install in the tubes folder..it just won't do it. The "Install Tubes"
>> buttton always stays grey and keeps asking me to browse for the tubes
>> folder.which I did. Any ideas how to get the picture tubes installed?
>>      Michael

Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Post by Heather Jone » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

The ones at the Jasc website are version 5, I believe.  You'll need to
download them into your PSP5 tubes folder and then run the Tube Converter to
convert them.  I downloaded the summer ones last night and it worked
perfectly once I converted them.

Heather

> I've got PSP beta 6 and I checked the version of the picture tubes I
> downloaded and they are ver1.01 from 98'..soooo, I guess they are
> meant for PSP5.Is that right? I downloaded the "summer",halloween"
> tubes.
> >Which version of PSP?  The same thing just happened to me when I tried to
> >install them to the PSP 6 beta.  However, I was able to install them to
the
> >Tubes folder in PSP 5.  I tried copying them over to 6 and they wouldn't
> >work.  Finally, I read the ReadMe.doc (duh) that came with the beta and
it
> >said this:

> >"Picture Tube File Format and Conversion
> >The picture tube file format has changed from Paint Shop Pro 5.x.  The
> >primary change is that the tube file control information is now stored in
> >the file itself, eliminating the need for a separate CTL file as used in
> >Paint Shop Pro 5.  As long as a tube file is in version 6 format, it can
now
> >be simply added to Paint Shop Pro's Tubes directory to begin using it. If
> >you added new tubes to those distributed with Paint Shop Pro 5, the Paint
> >Shop Pro 6 installation program offers you the option of converting your
> >these tubes to the new format and configuring them for use in version
6.0.
> >This operation creates copies of the tubes you have added to version 5.xx
> >and stores these copies in the Tubes folder used by version 6.0, so your
> >original tube files are not modified unless you tell the Tube Converter
> >store them in the same directory used to store your old tube files (which
is
> >not the default of either the Paint Shop Pro 6 installer or the Tube
> >Converter). If you choose not to convert your PSP 5.xx tubes during
> >installation, you can still convert them later using the "Picture Tube
> >Converter" shortcut in the Start Menu under Paint Shop Pro 6."

> >I converted them and it worked.

> >Heather

> >> I downloaded Picture tubes from the JASC. site..but when I try to
> >> install in the tubes folder..it just won't do it. The "Install Tubes"
> >> buttton always stays grey and keeps asking me to browse for the tubes
> >> folder.which I did. Any ideas how to get the picture tubes installed?
> >>      Michael

Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Post by instantkha.. » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for pointing out that I should read the "Read Me.doc". I did,
and the solution was simple.First I had to re-install PSP5, which I
had deleted. Then I installed the new ver5 picture tubes I had
downloaded to PSP5. Next part was a real "doh"...I hadn't noticed the
"Picture Tubes Converter" icon included with PSP6!! I simply ran the
coverter program and Voila!..there they were, available in PSP6(-:
 Thanks for your help..perhaps someone reading this will be saved a
little time if they encounter the same situation.
>The ones at the Jasc website are version 5, I believe.  You'll need to
>download them into your PSP5 tubes folder and then run the Tube Converter to
>convert them.  I downloaded the summer ones last night and it worked
>perfectly once I converted them.

>Heather

>> I've got PSP beta 6 and I checked the version of the picture tubes I
>> downloaded and they are ver1.01 from 98'..soooo, I guess they are
>> meant for PSP5.Is that right? I downloaded the "summer",halloween"
>> tubes.
>> >Which version of PSP?  The same thing just happened to me when I tried to
>> >install them to the PSP 6 beta.  However, I was able to install them to
>the
>> >Tubes folder in PSP 5.  I tried copying them over to 6 and they wouldn't
>> >work.  Finally, I read the ReadMe.doc (duh) that came with the beta and
>it
>> >said this:

>> >"Picture Tube File Format and Conversion
>> >The picture tube file format has changed from Paint Shop Pro 5.x.  The
>> >primary change is that the tube file control information is now stored in
>> >the file itself, eliminating the need for a separate CTL file as used in
>> >Paint Shop Pro 5.  As long as a tube file is in version 6 format, it can
>now
>> >be simply added to Paint Shop Pro's Tubes directory to begin using it. If
>> >you added new tubes to those distributed with Paint Shop Pro 5, the Paint
>> >Shop Pro 6 installation program offers you the option of converting your
>> >these tubes to the new format and configuring them for use in version
>6.0.
>> >This operation creates copies of the tubes you have added to version 5.xx
>> >and stores these copies in the Tubes folder used by version 6.0, so your
>> >original tube files are not modified unless you tell the Tube Converter
>> >store them in the same directory used to store your old tube files (which
>is
>> >not the default of either the Paint Shop Pro 6 installer or the Tube
>> >Converter). If you choose not to convert your PSP 5.xx tubes during
>> >installation, you can still convert them later using the "Picture Tube
>> >Converter" shortcut in the Start Menu under Paint Shop Pro 6."

>> >I converted them and it worked.

>> >Heather

Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

Post by Heather Jone » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

You're very welcome.  I felt rather "duh" myself about it.  I had totally
forgotten about the Tube Converter until I read the Readme.doc again.  Then
it all started coming back. Too bad you had to re-intall 5, but as long as
it did the trick.  :-)

Heather

> Thanks for pointing out that I should read the "Read Me.doc". I did,
> and the solution was simple.First I had to re-install PSP5, which I
> had deleted. Then I installed the new ver5 picture tubes I had
> downloaded to PSP5. Next part was a real "doh"...I hadn't noticed the
> "Picture Tubes Converter" icon included with PSP6!! I simply ran the
> coverter program and Voila!..there they were, available in PSP6(-:
>  Thanks for your help..perhaps someone reading this will be saved a
> little time if they encounter the same situation.
> >The ones at the Jasc website are version 5, I believe.  You'll need to
> >download them into your PSP5 tubes folder and then run the Tube Converter
> >convert them.  I downloaded the summer ones last night and it worked
> >perfectly once I converted them.

> >Heather

> >> I've got PSP beta 6 and I checked the version of the picture tubes I
> >> downloaded and they are ver1.01 from 98'..soooo, I guess they are
> >> meant for PSP5.Is that right? I downloaded the "summer",halloween"
> >> tubes.
> >the
> >it

> >now
If
Paint
> >6.0.
Converter
> >is

Tubes"

1. Help, please: PS 5.02 update won't install

Could someone help, please.

My computer crashed, so I reformatted, and installed everything again.

My PS 5.0 upgrade (after validation from my  4.0 full version CD)
installed beautifully, however, I cannot get the 5.02 upgrade to
install.  It says it has installed, but in fact, it doesn't.  I
downloaded a new 5.02, but stil the same: it says it's installed but
when I open my PS, it still says 5.0 and not 5.0.2 as it used to
before.

Thanks

Ankaret

2. Help please, need to make text on icon?

3. Picture Tube Dialog Box won't work

4. Colorseparations EPS from Pagemaker

5. Picture Tubes - Sometimes they'r here but most often not :-)

6. where?

7. there's a lot new at Free Tubes - for you tube collectors

8. Graphic artist wanted for real-time strategy game...

9. Help with picture tubes

10. Need a picture tube/picture