How to make a drop shadow on an object

Post by Saski » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi, I'm new to this group so if this is an old question I apologize.

I have this logo and I want to give it a drop shadow, but I can't figure out
what I'm doing wrong. I made the background transparent but then the option
is not available and if it is, I get the effect on the logo including the
square (transparent) canvas!! I've tried it in Photoshop, Paint Shop,
Fireworks but it won't work...

Can anyone give me a step-to-step or point me to a URL where this is
explained?

Many many thanks in advance!

Saskia
++ Remove NOSPAM for email

1. Clear Instructions on Making Drop Shadows

I am very new to Photoshop and graphics.  I have tried to follow two
different manuals, including the photoshop manual, to obtain drop
shadows for text.  I have not be successful for some reason.  I am either not
reading correctly or the manuals are not clear enough for me.  I will be
trying again, but thought asking for some help would also be in order.

Does anyone have clear and thorough step by step instructions for making drop
shadows for text?

If so, thanks in advance.

Dave

2. D3DX 9 Documentation (lack of)

3. Shadows Drop/Object??

4. Grouping/Decluttering algorithms

5. text and a drop shadow as a GIF

6. tutorial for xmgr ???

7. ANNOUNCE: Corel DRAW! drop shadow tutorial

8. Mac II no sound & freezes...help

9. Fancy drop Shadow - How do I do it?

10. Shareware/Freeware which support drop shadow?

11. Paint Shop Pro (Drop Shadow)

12. Need Help for Drop shadow!!