Fontographer 4.1 Win95 "filled in holes problem"

Fontographer 4.1 Win95 "filled in holes problem"

Post by Tob » Mon, 19 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I've tried trawling the Macromedia support area of their webiste
but this problem is not listed:
Running Fontographer 4.1 on Windows95 I've created a font which
displays properly in Fontographer. When I use the True Type files
in Win95 or an application such as photoshop, it appears anti-aliased
in the correct way but the holes in some of the characters (not all)
are filled in (eg. the 'O' is a solid disc). I've checked the paths in
Fontographer and they're all closed. Can anyone give any advice
on what to do?

Toby Eglesfield

Post by Marianne Wartof » Sun, 25 May 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I've tried trawling the Macromedia support area of their webiste
> but this problem is not listed:
> Running Fontographer 4.1 on Windows95 I've created a font which
> displays properly in Fontographer. When I use the True Type files
> in Win95 or an application such as photoshop, it appears anti-aliased
> in the correct way but the holes in some of the characters (not all)
> are filled in (eg. the 'O' is a solid disc). I've checked the paths in
> Fontographer and they're all closed. Can anyone give any advice
> on what to do?

> Toby Eglesfield

Hello!

I just had the same problem today. The solution is to select the
character and select "Correct path direction" on the element menu.
Obviously the outer paths must be defined clockwise and the inner
paths anti-clockwise. This is also described on page 78 in the
manual.

/ Marianne

1. Filling "Doughnut holes"

I'm using CR-7 and am trying to find some way to fill the unfilled
center of filled objects that still have an unfilled middle section.
For example, if you make a five pointed star, and fill it, there is
still a polygon shape in the center of the star that can not be filled
because it is not considered part of the star.  There are various work
around ways of doing it, but I'm hoping that somebody knows some neat
"inverse" way to fill the doughnut holes of various objects.  If you
have suggestions, please e-mail me as well as post it.

Donald

2. Making a background with psp 6.0

3. Problem with "flood fill" in PSP6

4. PS 5.0 saving problem