How to Compile OpenInventor programs using g++

How to Compile OpenInventor programs using g++

Post by Gurinder Singh Dhill » Wed, 25 Jan 1995 05:51:14

I need to know whether it is possible to compile Open Inventor Programs
using the g++ compiler or not. If it is possible please tell me how?

I tried compiling the Open Inventor program using gcc compiler and
it would not work.

Thanks in Advance

Gurinder

1. Using G++ with OpenInventor ?

Hi. I know this has been addressed before, but can anyone use g++ to compile
an OpenInventor program (a simple one like HelloCone from Mentor). I know
there are problems linking the object files, but at the moment I more concerned
with actually getting them to compile.

The problem is the standard sgi include files.

In file included from /usr/include/Inventor/Xt/SoXt.h:34,
                 from HelloCone.cc:28:
/usr/include/Inventor/SbLinear.h:178: `SbVec3f::operator -(...)' must take
either zero or one argument
/usr/include/Inventor/SbLinear.h:178: confused by earlier errors, bailing out

thanks in advance,

Paul

2. Free LW?

3. using g++ to compile alias plug-ins

4. OpenGL & OS/2

5. Gnu G++ and OpenInventor on SGI

6. Watermarking

7. OpenInventor & G++

8. WACOM Graphics Tablet

9. OpenInventor & Gnu g++

10. Compiling Inventor with Gnu g++

11. Compiling Inventor under G++ 2.3.3

12. L-system software now compiles with G++

13. Compiling programs in MS-DOS using SRGP