scanning 35mm color negatives

Post by N.. » Fri, 13 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> The driver for my little TWAIN scanner
> allows me to select between prints and slides.

> I also want to scan color negatives, but because
> the film has an orange color cast, after software
> inversion, the image has a blue color cast.

> Can anybody tell me how to compensate for this ?
> I believe this information is common knowledge
> amongst photographers.

The only reasonable way to do this is with a plug-in: get the PhotoLab
plug-ins from Cytopia Software.  It includes a plug-in called
PhotoNegative that does this very thing (and does it well).  It's a
great plug-in, and the only way to really do this without a lot of
hassle.

It's currently Mac-only, I believe.

Post by J.A. McCulloc » Sat, 14 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> The driver for my little TWAIN scanner
> allows me to select between prints and slides.

> I also want to scan color negatives, but because
> the film has an orange color cast, after software
> inversion, the image has a blue color cast.

> Can anybody tell me how to compensate for this ?
> I believe this information is common knowledge
> amongst photographers.

See if you can get an updated driver!

The drivers with Microtek T35+ have a negative selection. You see the
preview in 'normal' form, as well as getting the scan in 'positive'
mode.
Works for both B&W and color.

1. scanning 35mm color negatives

The only reasonable way to do this is with a plug-in: get the PhotoLab
plug-ins from Cytopia Software.  It includes a plug-in called
PhotoNegative that does this very thing (and does it well).  It's a
great plug-in, and the only way to really do this without a lot of
hassle.

It's currently Mac-only, I believe.

2. CALL FOR PAPERS: MULTIMEDIA COMPUTING AND NETWORKING 1997

3. What is the best resolution for scanning 35mm negatives

4. Borders/Backgrounds

5. Scanning Resolution for Output to 35mm negatives

6. LW[6.5] vrml plug-in for modeler

7. 35mm negative scanning

8. Problem with conversion of Quicktime .mov file to .avi

9. Correcting color shifts in old 35mm color negatives? Negative scans apprear green

10. 35mm slide and 35mm negative images?

11. Color scanning of negatives

12. Color Negative Scanning

13. Scanned color negative --> positive