Chinon DS-3000 (Not ES-3000).

Post by Nils Hamm » Sat, 01 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Is there anyboby out there who has any software for this scanner that
can communicate with this scanner via the serial port and still get an image
with 256 grayscales and 300dpi?

I have the simple Chinon DOS software, which allows me to get 2 colour black
and white pictures, but it is a little boring... :-(

Or either I would like to have the protocol description on the serial port.

This scanner has a paralell interface too, but I don't have the special
chinon paralell card that is needed... :-( (Maybe someone has one to sell,
since I have a better software that only works with this interface :-/ )

It is a little odd scanner, but since it is an overhead camera scanner, it
is rather nice. It is even possible to scan cups, cola-cans and so on
without problem. (there might be a little bad focus, but not much.).

Software that runs under DOS or Linux would be the ones I like best... NT
will also do...

I know that there is an utility called "chscan", but as far as I know, it's
commercial, but this software accesses the scanner via the serial port and
allows as far as I know the full utilization of the scanner.

Please respond with email to the address in the header or to:

Thanks in advance!

Chinon DS-3000 (Not ES-3000).

Post by timsm.. » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there anyboby out there who has any software for this scanner that
>can communicate with this scanner via the serial port and still get an image
>with 256 grayscales and 300dpi?

>I have the simple Chinon DOS software, which allows me to get 2 colour black
>and white pictures, but it is a little boring... :-(

>Or either I would like to have the protocol description on the serial port.
>[SNIP]

Hmmm...I still have my old DS-2000 (for which I wrote some DOS software).
My recollection is that those don't *do* gray-scale scans. When placed in
"gray scale" graphics mode, it just dithers differently. I wrote a program to
scan at max rez (200dpi on the DS-2000) and then convert to a lower-rez
gray-scale. The Software commands, responses, and compression schemes
are detailed in the book "Image Scanner Technical Reference Manual"
which was one of 3 books that shipped with the scanners.

-Tim

1. Windows 95 drivers for page-scanner Chinon ds-3000

Can Anyone help me with the following problem.
I've got a page-scanner (a bit old) Chinon ds-3000 and I want to be able to scan
something in unther Windows 95. I don't have any drivers for it at all.
What can i do to get it working unther Windows 95.
Greetings.

2. how to scroll image while freehand selecting in a zoomed-in area

3. Chinon DS-3000 color scanner - Anybody using?

4. Best Pc Workstation

5. ES Tornado 3000

6. Multiple View

7. Corel Draw or Harvard Draw?

8. Fire GL 3000 and Stealth 3D 3000

9. Stylus 3000 - Large Paper Not Feeding

10. epson stylus 3000 status monitor 2 for windows 2000

11. Epson Stylus Colour 3000