Corrugated cardboard

Corrugated cardboard

Post by Pat Davie » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00



I want to create a corrugated cardboard effect using paint shop and
BladePro plugin. I want it as if the thin cardboard is partially ripped
off the cardboard, therby showing parts of the corrugations. So far I
have scanned in what I want and am happy with the effect, so creating my
own will probably not be necessary (unless someone can do it). However I
would then like to add text to this and make it look like it has been
drawn on the corrugations? I hope I am making sense.

thanks in advance.

Pat Davies - Thee Grandemaster of Ceremonies of Thee WOAW's
Thee Billy Childish Web Page-http://www.billychildish.com

 
 
 

Corrugated cardboard

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00



> I want to create a corrugated cardboard effect using paint shop and
> BladePro plugin. I want it as if the thin cardboard is partially ripped
> off the cardboard, therby showing parts of the corrugations. So far I
> have scanned in what I want and am happy with the effect, so creating my
> own will probably not be necessary (unless someone can do it). However I
> would then like to add text to this and make it look like it has been
> drawn on the corrugations? I hope I am making sense.

You want the text to appear on the corrugations and not the outer
cardboard shell which you have partially peeled off?
Sounds like an interesting project! I haven't done this but I would
put the text on its own layer and place it over the cardboard
background layer. Where the text passes over a groove, I would try to
select just that portion and then darken it to appear like it is in
the depression. You might also move that selected portion down a few
pixels for a 3D effect of it bending into the depression (I hope you
don't have a lot of text!).

Quote:

> thanks in advance.

> Pat Davies - Thee Grandemaster of Ceremonies of Thee WOAW's
> Thee Billy Childish Web Page-http://www.billychildish.com

--
Bill -
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235
--------------------------------------------------------------
The USS Salem, CA-139. The World's only preserved Heavy Cruiser,
Quincy, MASS. http://www.frontiernet.net/~willshak/salem/salem.html
--------------------------------------------------------------
Remove OutSpammedDot from my e-mail address when replying directly.


 
 
 

Corrugated cardboard

Post by Barbara J. Bradl » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00




>You want the text to appear on the corrugations and not the outer
>cardboard shell which you have partially peeled off?
>Sounds like an interesting project! I haven't done this but I would
>put the text on its own layer and place it over the cardboard
>background layer. Where the text passes over a groove, I would try to
>select just that portion and then darken it to appear like it is in
>the depression. You might also move that selected portion down a few
>pixels for a 3D effect of it bending into the depression (I hope you
>don't have a lot of text!).

Or, if Pat wants the text to show only on the raised parts of the corrugations,
Scott Munro has a tutorial of Graffiti on a Brick Wall which could most likely
be used for that effect.  The text color appears on the bricks but not down in
the grout.   Sorry, I don't have the URL to Scott's site and the tutorial but
am sure someone here can supply it.
      Barb
 
 
 

Corrugated cardboard

Post by K. Car » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00


The filter Jama 3d will also put a corrugated effect on text.  You could
adjust the width of the warping until it matches the grooves on your scan,
and place it on top.

Sorry, I don't have a link to the filter.

--
Kellee (aka Tilandra)

"Don't think of it as a cigarette... think of it as the thing that's been
missing from your hand."  Chandler Bing, *Friends*


Quote:> I want to create a corrugated cardboard effect using paint shop and
> BladePro plugin. I want it as if the thin cardboard is partially ripped
> off the cardboard, therby showing parts of the corrugations. So far I
> have scanned in what I want and am happy with the effect, so creating my
> own will probably not be necessary (unless someone can do it). However I
> would then like to add text to this and make it look like it has been
> drawn on the corrugations? I hope I am making sense.

> thanks in advance.

> Pat Davies - Thee Grandemaster of Ceremonies of Thee WOAW's
> Thee Billy Childish Web Page-http://www.billychildish.com

 
 
 

Corrugated cardboard

Post by Barbara J. Bradl » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00



>Or, if Pat wants the text to show only on the raised parts of the
>corrugations, Scott Munro has a tutorial of Graffiti on a Brick Wall which
>could most likely be used for that effect.  The text color appears on the
>bricks but not down in the grout.   Sorry, I don't have the URL to Scott's
>site and the tutorial but am sure someone here can supply it.
>      Barb

(replying to myself)  The URL is http://www.nextdim.com/users/smunro/brick.htm
      Barb
 
 
 

Corrugated cardboard

Post by Lord Incognit » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00


outstanding answer Barbara. I don't need it now but I bookmarked that
tutorial for future reference.




> >Or, if Pat wants the text to show only on the raised parts of the
> >corrugations, Scott Munro has a tutorial of Graffiti on a Brick Wall
which
> >could most likely be used for that effect.  The text color appears on the
> >bricks but not down in the grout.   Sorry, I don't have the URL to
Scott's
> >site and the tutorial but am sure someone here can supply it.
> >      Barb

> (replying to myself)  The URL is

http://www.nextdim.com/users/smunro/brick.htm
Quote:>       Barb

 
 
 

1. Looking for CAD/CAM for cardboard boxes production

A Canadian-Bulgarian company is looking for a CAD or CAD/CAM software
package for design and production of cardboard boxes for Windows/Windows
NT/Windows 95 or Unix. Please, send information directly to the e-mail
address written bellow.

Thanking you in advance
Stavri Nikolov

=============================================================================
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Vienna University of Technology,
Getreidemarkt 9/151, A 1060 Vienna Austria


WWW Home Page: http://afm06.iac.tuwien.ac.at/~snikolov/
=============================================================================

2. .avi viewer needed.

3. Cardboard Box Bone Setup

4. Picture problem

5. Req:Cardboard texture (povray)

6. Gamma Mac to PC values (images look too dark)

7. Cardboard cut-outs

8. Cardboard box & Morph Gizmo

9. Corrugated metal

10. IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND - CORRUGATED METAL IMAGES!!!

11. Corrugated steel?

12. IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND - CORRUGATED METAL IMAGES!!!