!!!! SIMPLE PROBLEM needs SIMPLE TOOL !!!!!

!!!! SIMPLE PROBLEM needs SIMPLE TOOL !!!!!

Post by Michael Franke » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

For a European Research project I am currently looking for a simple tool
that enables me to display Boxes in 3d at real-time.
The platform is Ms-Windows and I need a DDE interface to the functions
that display, rotate, etc the boxes.

Does anybody know of a library (preferably a DLL or a Delphi Component)
that does all this?

   Thanx in advance.

Cap Volmac
Daltonlaan 300, Room 1132                            Phone: +31-30-526651
P.O. Box 2575, 3500 GN Utrecht, The Netherlands        Fax: +31-30-522234

1. Need help w/ simple simple 2D thing

Hey, everyone. I have a problem which, after reading the FAQ, I'm
certain is a very simple problem.

I have a 2d array of integer values, say from 0-9, each of which
represents a different color. I would like to display this array
in 2d, like a political map where each color represented a country.

Anyway, I know I could do the really wasteful procedure:

        loop through i {
                loop through j {
                        draw a little box of color (array[i][j]);
                        }
                }

but this seems.. stupid. Is there some way to describe the map instead
as a collection of sets of line segments such that each of these sets
can be passed, say, to postscript's "fill" operator?

Can anyone out there help? Thanks...

"A spokesman for the Lyon Group, producers of _Barney and Friends_, denied
that Barney is an instrument of Satan."        --the Advocate, spring 1994

                   Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

2. Maya 3.0 Unlimited!

3. Need simple help for this simple idiot.

4. Multimedia Seminar in LA

5. *** Graphics Newbie needs simple, inexpensive visualization tool ***

6. ARB Multitexture extension and glDrawElements

7. Need simple GIF drawing tool

8. GRAPHICON '92

9. *** Graphics Newbie needs simple, inexpensive visualization tool ***

10. Need simple titling tool for Mac

11. Need simple titling tool for Ma

12. please help: advice needed to solve simple gl programming problem