PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

Post by Lumiere Animation Studio » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have an NT workstation with MTOR "Cilent mode"
All is ok, but when i lanch the test for Renderman, it give me the follow
error:

C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>make

C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>..\..\bin\shader -q finite.sl shield.sl

C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>..\..\bin\prman trial.rib
S01001 Cannot load shader "defaultsurface". (WARNING)
R10007 Cannot find default shader.
D04001 DspyName: couldn't find requested driver: ./d_tiff.dll ((null)): No
such file or directory (W
ARNING)
R90011 Can't open display image trial.tif: No such file or directory
S01001 Cannot load shader "ambientlight". (WARNING)
S01001 Cannot load shader "matte". (WARNING)
S01001 Cannot load shader "defaultsurface". (WARNING)
R10009 Cannot find default shader.
R50005 Cannot obtain license - License error: -1, Cannot find license file
The license files (or server network addresses) attempted are
listed below. Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,
or contact your software provider for a license file.
License path: C:\flexlm\license.dat
FLEXlm error: -1,234

C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>..\..\bin\cmptiff -q trial.tif check.tif
TIFFOpen Error: trial.tif: Cannot open
cmptiff: can't open "trial.tif"

C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>

The license is ok. All modules run ok, but renderman return me this Error.

Please please please help me.

Thank in advance

Enrico

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

Post by nico » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

did you set your path so it can find your shaders?

Quote:> C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>..\..\bin\prman trial.rib

--
The young (who always want more and have no game to protect),
the artists (who always hunger for the ecstatic moment),

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

Post by Lumiere Animation Studio » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Yes, I have set all. In the Server is all Ok, but in the client no. All
modules works except renderman.

Quote:> did you set your path so it can find your shaders?

> > C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>..\..\bin\prman trial.rib
> > S01001 Cannot load shader "defaultsurface". (WARNING)
> > R10007 Cannot find default shader.
> > D04001 DspyName: couldn't find requested driver: ./d_tiff.dll ((null)):
No
> > such file or directory (W
> > ARNING)
> > R90011 Can't open display image trial.tif: No such file or directory
> > S01001 Cannot load shader "ambientlight". (WARNING)
> > S01001 Cannot load shader "matte". (WARNING)
> > S01001 Cannot load shader "defaultsurface". (WARNING)
> > R10009 Cannot find default shader.

> --
> The young (who always want more and have no game to protect),
> the artists (who always hunger for the ecstatic moment),
> and the alienated (the wise slaves and noble minority groups watching
> from the periphery of the society).  "High Priest," -- Timothy Leary

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

Post by fs1r » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

We had this same problem once after we removed everything and did a total
reinstall. We installed Prman and it ran fine, then we installed softimage and
softman and set up all the variables for the licenses and whatnot and tested
prman again and it wouldn't find the license for renderman. Also Softman had
problems finding it's license too. The guy that fixed it is no longer with us
so I have no idea how to help you, but if someone has the answer to this
problem I'd be interested in hearing about it too just in case it happens
again.

Thanks alot.
Regards

fs1r

> Yes, I have set all. In the Server is all Ok, but in the client no. All
> modules works except renderman.

> > did you set your path so it can find your shaders?

> > > C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>..\..\bin\prman trial.rib
> > > S01001 Cannot load shader "defaultsurface". (WARNING)
> > > R10007 Cannot find default shader.
> > > D04001 DspyName: couldn't find requested driver: ./d_tiff.dll ((null)):
> No
> > > such file or directory (W
> > > ARNING)
> > > R90011 Can't open display image trial.tif: No such file or directory
> > > S01001 Cannot load shader "ambientlight". (WARNING)
> > > S01001 Cannot load shader "matte". (WARNING)
> > > S01001 Cannot load shader "defaultsurface". (WARNING)
> > > R10009 Cannot find default shader.

> > --
> > The young (who always want more and have no game to protect),
> > the artists (who always hunger for the ecstatic moment),
> > and the alienated (the wise slaves and noble minority groups watching
> > from the periphery of the society).  "High Priest," -- Timothy Leary

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

Post by Lumiere Animation Studio » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have resolved with a TOTAL reinstall, but I have a problem on NT Alfred
service, I have posted another question.

Thanks to all

Enrico Buttignol

> We had this same problem once after we removed everything and did a total
> reinstall. We installed Prman and it ran fine, then we installed softimage
and
> softman and set up all the variables for the licenses and whatnot and
tested
> prman again and it wouldn't find the license for renderman. Also Softman
had
> problems finding it's license too. The guy that fixed it is no longer with
us
> so I have no idea how to help you, but if someone has the answer to this
> problem I'd be interested in hearing about it too just in case it happens
> again.

> Thanks alot.
> Regards

> fs1r

> > Yes, I have set all. In the Server is all Ok, but in the client no. All
> > modules works except renderman.

> > > did you set your path so it can find your shaders?

> > No

> > > --
> > > The young (who always want more and have no game to protect),
> > > the artists (who always hunger for the ecstatic moment),
> > > and the alienated (the wise slaves and noble minority groups watching
> > > from the periphery of the society).  "High Priest," -- Timothy Leary

1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

  I dunno. It just looks like a yellow colored shape with an overlay emboss
filter ran over it. To make something similar (minus text) create a new layer.
Use selection tools and the fill command to make the shape on the new layer.
Then run the emboss filter, fading it to blending mode->overlay. If you want you
could also use channels and lighting effects to get a similar look. Hope this
helps.

Ben

2. Overlay over any DX application

3. Please,please,please help, with sugar on top

4. Compiling gnuplot on Solaris 2.5.1?

5. HELP! Mixed-model Colormap setting PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

6. Pictures of a lion wanted please

7. PLEASE NEED HELP WITH ALIEN BLACK BOX FILTER -- I BEG -- PLEASE PLEASE

8. LW7.0 plug-in problems

9. EnumEnhMetaFile Help Needed! (Please Please Please)

10. PLEASE HELP HELP HELP PLEASE HELP

11. motorbike DXF please please please

12. Please Please Please