p-jpeg to jpeg in ms-dos 6.22

Post by Vasos Panagiotopoulos +1-917-287-8087 Bioengineer-Financi » Mon, 27 Sep 1999 04:00:00

        I have some files which are "new JPEG" (I imagine that's
P-JPEG)..  and some programs can't handle that.. is there an MS-DOS
program which converts P-JPEG to JPEG? (Even MS Imager Win 3.11 won't
read newer JPG files.)

                                - = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bioengineer-Financier, NYC
   BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian http://WWW.Dorsai.Org/~vjp2

                 [DQ2K: Make the Murky Clown Frown!]

p-jpeg to jpeg in ms-dos 6.22

Post by Tom Lan » Mon, 27 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>    I have some files which are "new JPEG" (I imagine that's
> P-JPEG)..  and some programs can't handle that.. is there an MS-DOS
> program which converts P-JPEG to JPEG?

Try jpegtran from
ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/graphics/jpeg6b.zip

Quote:> (Even MS Imager Win 3.11 won't read newer JPG files.)

Even an MS apologist would not try to describe 3.11 as state of the
art.  You might consider looking for newer viewing software instead.

                        regards, tom lane
                        organizer, Independent JPEG Group

p-jpeg to jpeg in ms-dos 6.22

Post by Vasos Panagiotopoulos +1-917-287-8087 Bioengineer-Financi » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

djpeg works wonderfully!

                                - = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bioengineer-Financier, NYC
   BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian http://WWW.Dorsai.Org/~vjp2

                 [DQ2K: Make the Murky Clown Frown!]

1. pbmplus and msdos 6.22 conflict

Graphic enthusiasts,

I had memory problems using windows and qemm 6. I fixed them by
upgrading to dos 6.22, using memmaker to load everything high, and
not using qemm.

I had 628k free, everything loaded high, and 6k left in upper memory.
What could be better!

I used pbmblus->rawtoppm to convert raw RGB data to portable pixel map
(.ppm) format, and then I used ppmtotga to generate a TARGA file.

To my surprise, rawtoppm complained that it couldn't run in v86 mode,
and that it needed expanded memory. I removed the "noems" argument
from my emm386 loading, and my free memory dropped from 628k to 548k.
At least rawtoppm worked.

To my horror, however, ppmtotga now gives a segmentation violation
immediately upon execution as does the ppmmerge file which I copied and
renamed to make ppmtotga. I then switched to QEMM and commented out
himem and emm386, but got the same result which seems to point to dos
itself.

Has anyone else had problems with msdos 6.22 and pbmplus? Should I
boot with a dos 5 floppy to run ppmtotga. Are there any other
work-arounds?

Thanks,

        Brian

2. BARRACUDA

3. 3DSMAX 2.0 FOR DOS 6.22

4. Old SGI dogfight game -- port to Windows?

5. Probs with memory in DOS 6.22

6. Error Printing Windows PM 6.5 PS file on Mac

7. Rayshade for MS-DOS : convert RLE file to GIF or JPEG

8. MAC or PC?

9. Rayshade with MS-DOS : convert RLE to GIF or JPEG

10. Difference between image/jpeg and image/pjpeg?

11. JPEG to Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) encoder?

12. Needed urgently -- Mac to PC JPEG converter for Windows or DOS