Help need to change Mac Icons to Windows Icons

Help need to change Mac Icons to Windows Icons

Post by Robert Owen Rai » Wed, 02 Nov 1994 13:05:20

Just like it says I need help to change Mac Icons to Windows Icons. If there
is a program that will do this let me know. My access to Mac's is limited but
I can get on if needed. I have archived hqx files some people suggested binhex
but the windose version didn't work. If you have done this please help. I have
full Access to IBM PC clone and Amiga. And limited access to Mac and Unix
station. Please don't hate me because I'm multi-platformed I have to be to fix
them all. You guys have got the best icons Please share them with us less
fortunate.

Thanks in advance
                                                          \|/

------------------------------------------------------oOO-(_)-OOo--------------
Only Amiga Makes it Happen                   Bob Raine
The computer for the creative mind              Michigan State University
Make Up Your Own Mind                           Physics Astronomy Dept.

Help need to change Mac Icons to Windows Icons

Post by Peter L » Thu, 03 Nov 1994 07:37:52

I assume by "icon" you mean is the desktop icon. I did that just a few
days ago. No automatic way to do this.

You need:
Mac- any painting program that can save graphics as .bmp file (e.g.,
Photoshop)
PC- Windows PaintBrush, IconWorks (downloaded from
ftp.cica.indiana.edu)

copy the icon from "Get Info" and paste it to Photoshop. Save it as bmp
format. Copy the the file to a PC disk. (AccessPC, DOS Mounter, PC
Exchange reads PC disks)
On the PC side, open the file with PaintBrush, copy-and-paste it to
IconWorks. Save it as .ico file, and you can access the icon using
"browse" from "Change Icon" in properties menu.

Good luck,

Peter Liu

1. Problem converting Mac Icons to Windows Icon

Hi!

For my Delphi project, I have downloaded some cool icons from the Net. But
unfortunately they all are Mac icons. After reading some articles on
conversion of icon format I also downloaded Aladdin Expander 5.0 to expand
the file(because they are in .SIT format). The Expander does it work fine
but all I got is lots of 0 byte files. Can anybody tell me what is the
problem and how can I solve it.
For icon conversion I am using MacIco and IconShop.

I will be very happy if somebody will help me on this.

Thank you
Milan

2. square/triangular textures.

3. Converting Windows Icons to Mac -- Please Help

4. Reminder: YLEM Art Forum, Wed. Nov 13, 7:30 pm @ Exploratorium

5. Windows icons to OpenGL icons

6. INDESIGN SPEED - not a problem

7. Converter PC Icons to MAC Icons

8. FS: Power Mac 8500/120 32/1000/CD

9. ICONS - CREATING ICON.DLL or ICON.EXE FROM *.ICO

10. Change name to Windows Icons

11. TListView - Select like Windows change icon ...

12. adding {$R *.res} changes program icon on windows taskbar

13. How to change the picture of a mac icon