dxf import POV export

Post by Ken » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I was wondering does anyone know of a freeware/shareware program that
> will import dxf format and export a .pov file or .inc file?

> Joe

See my links page below under programs/utilities/converters.

Crossroads and 3DWin are both good as well as wcvt2pov though a bit outdated.

--
Ken Tyler

http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

dxf import POV export

Post by Joseph Winkle » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I was wondering does anyone know of a freeware/shareware program that
will import dxf format and export a .pov file or .inc file?

Joe

dxf import POV export

Post by zi.. » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I was wondering does anyone know of a freeware/shareware
> program that will import dxf format and export a .pov
> file or .inc file?

I've been playing with Doga CGA lately and having to
export DXF files from it.  My prefered method is to
use 3DWin to make INC/UDO files and them use thos in
Moray for final positioning and texturing.
--
TAZ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

dxf import POV export

Post by zi.. » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I was wondering does anyone know of a freeware/shareware
> program that will import dxf format and export a .pov
> file or .inc file?

I've been playing with Doga CGA lately and having to
export DXF files from it.  My prefered method is to
use 3DWin to make INC/UDO files and them use thos in
Moray for final positioning and texturing.
--
TAZ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

dxf import POV export

Post by Alex Magido » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Might you have a URL for that? I only get a couple hits...and I haven't
seen in on Ken's page(Must not exist, I suppose, if its not there<G>)

> > I was wondering does anyone know of a freeware/shareware
> > program that will import dxf format and export a .pov
> > file or .inc file?

> I've been playing with Doga CGA lately and having to
> export DXF files from it.  My prefered method is to
> use 3DWin to make INC/UDO files and them use thos in
> Moray for final positioning and texturing.
> --
> TAZ

You Know You've Been Raytracing Too Long When:
 You purchase Toy Story for inspiration- Then do a better version for
fun.

dxf import POV export

http://www.doga.co.jp/~taka2/DoGA/index.htm  ???

--
Ken Tyler

http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

dxf import POV export

Post by zi.. » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>> Might you have a URL for that?

> http://www.doga.co.jp/~taka2/DoGA/index.htm  ???

That's a rough one unless you know Japanese.  Try.

http://www.doga.co.jp/english/index.html

Doga L-1 (lesson one) is a freebie and contains the Parts
Assembler I used.  This is a pretty neat toy, my son (age 8)
spent one afternoon with it and was designing mecha and
building AVI files for them.  [Scary, eh?]
--
TAZ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

dxf import POV export

Post by Ernest L. Murph » Mon, 02 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I saw that you had an offer to send it and he/she would give it a try.
DXF is a common cad file format. Auto cad usees it exclusively. Turbo
Cad v6 can put it as a bmp. but i did not see a pov available. contact
your vendorask them for the right stuff to make your conversion. It's
prolly a hack though and you may not get the image as you expect, useing
the shotgun approach.
Ernie