anybody used Irfan View ??

Post by Brendan R. Wehru » Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I've been looking for freeware graphics file converters, at least one that
will take a .tif (which comes with Broderbund clip art) and convert it to
something that can be used in their Print Shop Premiere, which strangely
will not import a .tif file.

One that looks intersting is Ifran View.  Has anybody tried this one, and
does it have any liabilities?

I am also considering Planet View, which only seems to convert to .gif,
.jpg and .bmp (the last will probably work in Print Shop)--or Free View,
which only converts to .bmp and .jpg.

I also would like to find something that will allow me to color a black
and white .tiff for use in print projects, which will be printed on an HP
OfficeJet 500.

Brendan Wehrung

anybody used Irfan View ??

Post by Scott A. Mun » Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>I've been looking for freeware graphics file converters, at least one that
>will take a .tif (which comes with Broderbund clip art) and convert it to
>something that can be used in their Print Shop Premiere, which strangely
>will not import a .tif file.

>One that looks intersting is Ifran View.  Has anybody tried this one, and
>does it have any liabilities?

I love it. I use Paint Shop Pro for my image editor and converter, but
I still use Irfan View as a quick viewer. I haven't done a lot of
converting with it, though.

-----
Scott A. Munro     http://www.veryComputer.com/
UFOs, Jack the Ripper, politics, fiction,
computer art, and other strange subjects.
Proud member, Vast Right-Wing *?