Need Help With .bmp file specifics

Post by Peter Tric » Sun, 22 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I am working on a project that analyses images in the Windows 95 bmp
file format.  However, I am having a difficult time finding any
information about the specifics of the file format for this type of
image.  Any info that you have would be much appreciated.  Please mail

Thank you-
    Peter Trice

Need Help With .bmp file specifics

Post by William Cl » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998 15:32:25 -0800, Peter Trice

>I am working on a project that analyses images in the Windows 95 bmp
>file format.  However, I am having a difficult time finding any
>information about the specifics of the file format for this type of
>image.  Any info that you have would be much appreciated.  Please mail

>Thank you-
>    Peter Trice

Peter,

        Check out http://www.wotsit.demon.co.uk/.  Has many file
formats documented.

                             -- Bill Clay

1. I am looking for some example BMP files of specific formats v2.x and v4.x

I am trying to test a BMP loader and I have not been able to
locate an BMP for v4.x format, especially interested in some
v4.x BMPs for 16 bit and 32 bit format images.

I also am having trouble locating an v2.x BMP files.

If anyone could point me at some of these files.
Or tell me what application might allow me to generated them.

NOTE: Photoshop 4.x  and  Debabelizer 4.0 dont output these
as far as i know.

Thankyou
Robin Luiten

2. too old??

3. Help, Need source code to print BMP files.

4. Questions: broken projection and round tool

5. HELP, please (source code needed for bmp files)

6. Pixar Looks and BMRT

7. HELP - Need .BMP and Animation files for Buttons for VB

8. Automatic reflection and Imported DXF's

9. I need help for conver Gif file to Bmp

10. PLEASE for WEDDING !!Need help with cutting a specific shape

11. Need help cropping to specific size/orientation

12. HELP: i need help on importing a bmp