tiff->gif conversion problems with imagemagick

tiff->gif conversion problems with imagemagick

Post by reif.. » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hey there,

After updating ImageMagick 4.2 to 5.0, "convert"
produces gif images from tiff's ten times larger
than before. I tried different options to get
smaller gif's, but I didn't suceed. A bug or
stupidity?

Frank

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Marco Schmid » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

>After updating ImageMagick 4.2 to 5.0, "convert"
>produces gif images from tiff's ten times larger
>than before. I tried different options to get
>smaller gif's, but I didn't suceed. A bug or
>stupidity?

Maybe they don't use LZW anymore because of the patent problems. Then
you would get uncompressed files... This should be in the ChangeLog
files or manual.

Regards,
Marco

1. GIF->TIFF & TIFF->GIF

I am convinced that if one has a GIF to TIFF and a TIFF to GIF converter,
that import and export of raster images to a wide range of applications
is possible.

I obtained a copy of tiff.tar.Z from the uunet archives and have been hacking
away trying to get it to work in a SVR3.2 environment. If someone has solved
this problem, I would appreciate your letting me know. Also, if someone has
developed conversion utilities to/from TIFF please let me know.

I will post any usefull information I obtain.

Thanks,

John
--
John Amason                     e-mail: uunet!jma!jma
Landmark Graphics Corp.         phone: (713) 579-4749

2. Entire Collection of CGI Star Wars Models Available for Free!

3. Image Conversion Tiff <--> Gif/Jpeg

4. Best offer 21" Nanao/EIZO FS-new

5. gif -> tiff conversion

6. JPEG in Delphi 3

7. TIFF -> GIF/JPEG conversion source codes

8. UMAX Vista S-6E and Win95

9. Conversion: GIF/TIFF/..--->XPM

10. ImageMagick TIFF to JPG conversion

11. BMP->GIF->JPEG->TIFF->PostScript Convertors

12. JPEG ->GIF Conversion Problem

13. tiff<->gif<->printer converters