Easy 3d modeling program? Recomendations?

Easy 3d modeling program? Recomendations?

Post by chris jone » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:11:47

Hi, i nead to render some simple objects for a program i am writing. Some
knobs and buttons and things like that. Can anyone recomend a program that
is easy to use. I tried XARA 3d4, which i liked but it was a tad limited for
what i want. I like the simplicity of it but i would like to build my own
meshes and map textures to them.

thanx,

chris

1. Looking for some input/recomendations for 3d programs

 I presently have Bryce 3, but would like to get a
companion to work with it, to do, somewhat more complex modeling (ie, being
able to pinch, pull, twist objects is what I am after). I have so far tried
out demo's of Ray Dream Studio, and Ray Dream, and there's a lot in both
prgrams to grasp. My question is...does anyone on the group have a
recomendation of a Mac program that would fit this bill, with out getting
into things like Lightwave ( which I have seen run upwards of up to
$2800.00Cdn.)
Simple and easy to use, like Bryce is what I am after, I don't do this
professional, only for fun.

Lastly, is there some big differences that I am missing here between, Ray
Dream Studio, and Ray Dream, they seem awful simmilar (yeah a real newbie
question I know).

If it is any help to provide any other info, the type of modeling I am
leaning to, is more along an arcitecturial(sp?) vien, buildings, space
ships, furniture, rooms ect.

Thanks kindly for any input.

Danl' (cowinacape)
--
Humans....weird pets for weird Ferrets!
^. .^

2. Silvertone by Intense Software.

3. easy 3D modeling in X

4. File conversion: .max

5. WHAT IS THE EASY WAY TO MAKE A 3D MODEL OF PICTURE OF HUMAN FACE

6. L[6] REVIEW AND AD IN 3D DESIGN

7. Easy 3D modeling in AutoCAD or IntelliCAD

8. .gif/compuserve/unisys - what's happening?

9. 3D GUITAR MODEL FOR USE IN SIMPLY 3D PROGRAM (please help)

10. Seeking recomendations for programming books

11. 3D file format: recomendations for newbie?

12. Best 3D Modeling/Animation Program

13. A good Freeware 3D modeling program?