Graphics Gems V

Post by Mark Gant » Thu, 31 Mar 1994 16:33:10

I would like to get in contact with whoever is editing Graphics Gems V.
Could someone in the know, either post or reply with an e-mail address
or an ftp site.  I have an idea for a possible submission...Mark

1. books: Graphic Gems, Game programming Gems

Greetings,

I'm looking for books on the subject of game development, especially of
graphics and 3D algorithms, and what I've read so far about the "Graphic
Gems" series and the "Game Programming Gems" series looks promising. Only
problem is the pricetags, so I'd like to ask around before buying..

My questions to all who know the books:

Currently there seem to be 3 parts of the "Game Programming Gems". Which
part would be the best to buy? Are they complementary or do the get
repetitive?

Same question about the Graphic Gems... which one would be the best to get?
Is the original "Graphic Gems" still up to date? How outdated are the
algorithms described there? Are these books bound to any special APIs or are
the topics more generic?

Thanks for helping!

bye, thomas stuefe

2. Velocity and Space Curves

3. An appeal to comp.graphics readers (Graphics Gems)

4. MS RDC

5. RE vs Indigo vs GTX vs PI graphics

6. From nurbs to polys using Maya ascii files

7. GEM-IMG and GEM-METAFILE

8. Max material bug?

9. Graphics Gems CDROM?

10. Graphics Gems series questionnaire

11. Graphics Gems IV - bib file for book

12. Graphics Gems IV

13. Graphics Gems algorithm