Adjusting brightness on Apple Studio Display

Adjusting brightness on Apple Studio Display

Post by Philip Gibso » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 06:58:19

A friend of mine recently bought a G4 Mac and an Apple Studio display
(17 inch, CRT). She wants to calibrate it but cannot find out how to
adjust the monitor's brightness. Can anyone help please?

Adjusting brightness on Apple Studio Display

Post by Bill » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 07:37:48

Quote:> A friend of mine recently bought a G4 Mac and an Apple Studio display
> (17 inch, CRT). She wants to calibrate it but cannot find out how to
> adjust the monitor's brightness. Can anyone help please?

Are we really talking about the same monitor? It's right there in your face!
Unless she doesn't know what the symbols mean.  The Half moon is contrast
and the Sun is brightness.
Underneath the front.  Look at the blue buttons on the bottom.

Calibrate the monitor as best you can in the ambient light she will most
likely be working in.  Then go to the Monitors and Sound control panel to
fine tune those settings.
She can also fine tune with 3rd party software like Adobe Gamma.

Bill

Adjusting brightness on Apple Studio Display

Post by David J. Hughe » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

> A friend of mine recently bought a G4 Mac and an Apple Studio display
> (17 inch, CRT). She wants to calibrate it but cannot find out how to
> adjust the monitor's brightness. Can anyone help please?

I had the same problem and you'll kick yourself when you find out. I
did. It's in the monitor control panel labelled 'brightness'.

Sorry if this wasn't what you were looking for.

Regards
   David

--
Senior Technical Systems Engineer
Technical Support

1. Cinema Display HD - adjust brightness?

No brightness controls appear on screen when I press the brightness
button on the display frame (lower left corner). Unable to install
Apple Displays Software. When I attempt to launch the installer, this
error message appears:

"This program cannot run on your computer. See the documentation for
more information."

There is no documentation other than a quick setup brochure. I've
called Apple tech support and they are going to get back to me.

Running OS 9.2.2 on tower PowerMac G4 (Sawtooth, 400MHZ) with 256 MB
RAM, ATI Radeon 8500 graphics card, DVI to ADC adapter, Apple Cinema
Display HD 22inch.

Is there some other way to adjust brightness? A control panel? I've
done a custom calibration in the Monitors-Color section- control
panel, but that doesn't help dim the screen enough. It's so bright I'm
getting a headache.

Help!

2. Nudes and Distortions

3. FS: 15" LCD Apple Studio Display, revB

4. Looking for latest Opengl32.dll and glu32.dll FOR NT 3.51!

5. FS: Apple Studio Display 21 w/ColorSync

6. Using Logicad3d Magellan Spacemouse XT Plus

7. Anyone have the Apple Studio Display LCD monitor?

8. where to find the globe clips