Is there a Mac "Snappy"?

Post by washb.. » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I'm looking for a low-cost video still image capture solution for the
Mac, something comparable to Play's "Snappy" device for the PC.
Actually, it's more on the software side that I need the help, I
suppose. My PowerMac 7500's video in can capture still images, the
problem is that they are blurry. My understanding is that the Snappy
(software?) deals with this by processing frames both before and after
the one captured, kind of blending them together, so as to reduce the
motion and, thus, the blur. Anyone have suggestions?
(Please cc: an e-mail direct to me, along w/posting to the group.)

Is there a Mac "Snappy"?

Post by ch » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>I'm looking for a low-cost video still image capture solution for the
>Mac, something comparable to Play's "Snappy" device for the PC.
>Actually, it's more on the software side that I need the help, I
>suppose. My PowerMac 7500's video in can capture still images, the
>problem is that they are blurry. My understanding is that the Snappy
>(software?) deals with this by processing frames both before and after
>the one captured, kind of blending them together, so as to reduce the
>motion and, thus, the blur. Anyone have suggestions?
>(Please cc: an e-mail direct to me, along w/posting to the group.)

NIH-Image can record and pick out odd or even parts of captured frames.
Fusionrecorder can record too; when set at 320x240 you won't have the
interlace problem anyway. You might want an xlr8 with G3 though, a 7500
can hardly keep up with video rates.

ard