1. Video Wizard pci card Problems (VP-VW4M-PCI Video Wizard)
Hello, I just purchased and installed a VP-VW4M-PCI Video Wizard into my
Powermac 7200/75 and I have a few problems/concerns.
First off my system,
Powermac 7200/75 running OS 8 (quicktime version 2.5)
48 MB Ram
512K l2 Cache
No other PCI Cards
Sony Multiscan 15sf Monitor with Mac adapter
Now, the problem. Using the provided monitor port on the VP-VW4M-PCI Video
Wizard causes my display to appear dark and "chalky". The monitor goes from
crisp sharp and good contrast to a dull muddy picture. Since the Multiscan
15sf is a PC monitor and not a Mac, it uses a converter which allows me to
custom set various settings and resoloutions. The picture appears dark and
murky on all these settings. Aside from that, everything works fine-video
capture, TV cable and UHF, video in and out. I get millions of colors
instead of my usual thousands.
If I use the built in Monitor port on my Mac instead of the wizard monitor
port, the picture is crisp, clear and bright (as usual) but I am unable to
launch Wizardware and the provided control panel "display Goodies"
indicates that I have no video card connected. Thus I am unable to capture
video, use the TV and my color choices drop from millions of colors to
thousands. Therefore it would appear the card does not work unless my
monitor is hooked up to the provided Wizard monitor port.
Now the strange part. With my monitor hooked to the wizard monitor port,
MacUser Magazine's MacBench rates my system performance as more or less the
same as before the card was installed. With increases only as high as 1%.
With the monitor connected to the built in mac monitor port, MacBench shows
increases of up to 800% in some areas with an average gain in graphics of
nearly 100 points. Much better overall performance.
So, I need some direction here. Connecting the monitor to the provided
wizard monitor port allows me to capture video, etc. but my display looks
terrible and MacBench indicates little or no gain in performance.
Connecting to the built in Mac port gives me a better looking display at
all resoloutions and gives me an indicated increase by MacBench but no
video capabilities and only thousands of colors. Any ideas?
Computer Graphics Artist:
Remove the "1" in my e-mail before replying. Saves me on Spam Mail. Or just
2. Alpha transparency in Max viewport
3. Video Wizard by Micro Conversions???
4. PC or MAC for animation??
5. Could someone suggest a great video card 32 meg video card with video out
6. Mega Gallery Freeze! Please Help!!
7. 6400 Video Card and TV Tuner Question
8. WTB: Nu-Bus Spigot II Tape Card or Video Spigot Card (Video Capture -Nubus)
9. MC Video Wizard card
10. --- PETITION for a MODERN BASIC VIDEO MODE on PC VIDEO CARDS ---
11. best video card for video analysis/image recognition?
12. -- PETITION for a MODERN BASIC VIDEO MODE on PC VIDEO CARDS ---