Projection matrix for offset eye point

Post by Peter Gibb » Thu, 26 May 1994 17:12:23

I have a simulation application that requires an eye point offset from
the central axis of the display.  The viewing frustum is asymmetrical
both horizontally and vertically.  I know that Performer and Vision Works
both provide routines to create the appropriate perspective
transformation matrix  but I would like to be able to use only GL for
this application.  Can anyone tell me what the elements of the
perspective matrix are in terms of the left,  right,  up  and down fields
of view for this offset case.

Thanks,

Peter Gibbs

Air Operations Division,
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory,
Box 4331 PO Melbourne
Australia,  3001

phone   +61 (0)3 626 7719