ANNOUNCE: Leveller 1.1 demo available

Post by Ray Gardene » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

The Leveller 1.1 heightfield editor demonstration
is now available at

http://www.daylongraphics.com/products/leveller/

The above link may not work since our recent
DNS change takes time to be fully updated
on all servers. If so, please use

http://207.149.188.155/products/leveller/

Cheers,
Ray Gardener
Daylon Graphics Ltd.

ANNOUNCE: Leveller 1.1 demo available

Post by Alex Magido » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Will there be a "Lite" version posted onto the page?

> The Leveller 1.1 heightfield editor demonstration
> is now available at

> http://www.daylongraphics.com/products/leveller/

> The above link may not work since our

The royal "We", Ray?

Quote:> recent

--
Only I can prevent narcissism!

ANNOUNCE: Leveller 1.1 demo available

Post by Alex Magido » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I went ahead, and downloaded it, and it is GREAT!!!!!!! The gforge
plugin is amazing- my fractally generated landscapes look a million
times better, with half the work. Also, the interface is much improved.
I suppose I should register before I start giving critism, but I am on a
limited budget($40 a month), so I'll offer a few suggestions: Instead of
calling it the GForge plugin, you should put it right in the filter
catagory, called, "Fractal Landscape". Also, you might want to get rid
of the checkmem and checkprogress plugins(I LOVE the Check Drawing
plugin- it really makes it easier to view my landscapes, without flying
around forever.). Perhaps you could make the number 5 on the keyboard
corospond, once again, to the straighten command. ALT+5 is a lot less
convenient.

Sheesh. I hope I don't sound like I think that this version of leveller
sucks- far from it, it is great! The changes to the interface are
wonderful, and helpful, and the fact that I can only find three things I
dislike in the entire product is pretty good. Bravo, Ray, you are doing
a great job!

--

Post by Ray Gardene » Sun, 21 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>Will there be a "Lite" version posted onto the page?

Soon. I was about to do one when I found (sigh)
one of those after-the-fact bugs: if you Select All
and try a rotate on a sufficiently large HF, you
get an HF size message and then a crash. So I
want to fix it and then post the demo again along
w/ the Lite version.

Quote:>> The above link may not work since our
>The royal "We", Ray?

Actually, no.

Quote:>I went ahead, and downloaded it, and it is GREAT!!!!!!!

Thanks; we try. Not everything (like the new crater tool)
made the cut, but we can't sit around without releasing
an update forever. The pixel-precise editing alone
was what a lot of people were screaming at 200 decibels for.

Quote:>so I'll offer a few suggestions: Instead of
>calling it the GForge plugin, you should put it right in the filter
>catagory, called, "Fractal Landscape".

I'm not sure if the GNU GPL allows that. If I understand it
correctly, integrating gforge right into Leveller would require
releasing Leveller under the GPL (which is not an impossibility
eventually, but difficult now). Updates are easier as
a plug-in, anyway: it would irk people to have to download
the whole shebang just to upgrade a filter.

Quote:>Also, you might want to get rid
>of the checkmem and checkprogress plugins(I LOVE the Check Drawing
>plugin- it really makes it easier to view my landscapes, without flying
>around forever.).

Yes; good idea. Legacy code strikes again.

Quote:>Perhaps you could make the number 5 on the keyboard
>corospond, once again, to the straighten command. ALT+5 is a lot less
>convenient.

I agree, but keeping '5' made it impossible to type '5' into
the tool panel's number fields.

1. ANNOUNCE: Leveller 1.4 demo available

An alpha version demo of Leveller 1.4
is available at:

http://www3.telus.net/rayg/

Sorry it took so long, and
thanks to everyone for waiting.

Ray Gardener
Daylon Graphics Ltd.
http://www.daylongraphics.com/
"heightfield editing perfected"

2. How can i create this......

3. ANNOUNCE: Leveller 1.3.003 demo available

4. <<< Need SRGP >>>

5. ANNOUNCE: Leveller 1.3 demo available

6. Nebulus Designs Graphics Contest

7. ANNOUNCE: Leveller 1.1.001 demo available

8. ANNOUNCE: Leveller 1.0 demo available

9. Leveller 1.4.007 demo available

10. ANNOUNCE: Daylon Leveller 2.3 available