font problem when importing from MS Word

font problem when importing from MS Word

Post by Daniel Jaege » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

when i copy text areas from MS Word and use "paste as new image" in
PSP 7 it sets the font to Times New Roman. It should be Arial. Is it
possible to change these settings somewhere (i can't change the font
after importing because then the text appears as graphics)?

Gru?
Daniel

font problem when importing from MS Word

Post by Xalin » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

On Mon, 02 Oct 2000 11:04:05 +0200, Daniel Jaeger

>when i copy text areas from MS Word and use "paste as new image" in
>PSP 7 it sets the font to Times New Roman. It should be Arial. Is it
>possible to change these settings somewhere (i can't change the font
>after importing because then the text appears as graphics)?

How do you select the text areas in word?

How are your text tool settings in PSP? I found it makes a difference
whether you created the last text as vector or as selection or
floating.

Worst of all: I can't reproduce your problem. I mark the text with the
mouse, press Ctrl-C, switch to PSP 7, press CTRL-V and click on OK in
the dialog that appears. This gives me a new image with text having
all attributes it had in Word before (fonts, sizes, colors).

Depending on my text tool settings the text is a vector element or a
part of the image raster.

Michael

font problem when importing from MS Word

Post by Daniel Jaege » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>Worst of all: I can't reproduce your problem. I mark the text with the
>mouse, press Ctrl-C, switch to PSP 7, press CTRL-V and click on OK in
>the dialog that appears. This gives me a new image with text having
>all attributes it had in Word before (fonts, sizes, colors).

I do the same: Ctrl-C and then paste in PSP. The problem seems to be
the text field. Whe i copy text as selection there is no problem. But
when i select a text field and copy it to PSP then the font is not the
original one.
Ca you reproduce that (insert text field in word document, fill in
arial text and then copy the text field)?

Gru?
Daniel

font problem when importing from MS Word

Post by Xalin » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

On Mon, 02 Oct 2000 13:25:54 +0200, Daniel Jaeger

>>Worst of all: I can't reproduce your problem. I mark the text with the
>>mouse, press Ctrl-C, switch to PSP 7, press CTRL-V and click on OK in
>>the dialog that appears. This gives me a new image with text having
>>all attributes it had in Word before (fonts, sizes, colors).

>I do the same: Ctrl-C and then paste in PSP. The problem seems to be
>the text field. Whe i copy text as selection there is no problem. But
>when i select a text field and copy it to PSP then the font is not the
>original one.
>Ca you reproduce that (insert text field in word document, fill in
>arial text and then copy the text field)?

No problem at all. Even font and color changes are transferred
properly.

When I copy the text box (word graphic element, Icon:Big initial A and
some lines) and paste it in PSP even the box is copied. If I mark the
text within the text box, it is created in PSP like normal text from
somewhere on a text page.

BTW: Where did you get your copy of PSP7 - the german distributors
still seem to know nothing about it.

Michael

font problem when importing from MS Word

Post by Daniel Jaege » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi Xalinai,

Quote:>BTW: Where did you get your copy of PSP7 - the german distributors
>still seem to know nothing about it.

I use the evaluation version from the jasc website.
But i think i found the critical point:
the problem occurs when the text inside the word-textbox is
"standard". When i set it to another one (comment) and use the same
font, font-size etc. as in "standard" then PSP uses the right font
(arial). That's no answer to the problem but it works.
Thanks anyway!

Gru?
Daniel