Avoiding Jpeg compression when scanning with twain ???

Avoiding Jpeg compression when scanning with twain ???

Post by Michael Hanse » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 09:31:17

My scanner (Mustek 600 cp) creates a temporary bitmapfile while scanning,
autocompresses the imagedata, saves it to *.jpg and deletes the bmp
file...but the problem is that the compression quality is *VERY* poor, and I
want the bitmap file...
Any idea how to get around this?? (-btw: the bitmap file is locked until
deleted....).

Michael.

Avoiding Jpeg compression when scanning with twain ???

Post by Jack Berli » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:39:42

Hi,
It probably is not the scanner, but actually the scanner's TWAIN acquire
software.  Have you tried a different program, like our PICPress
product?:
http://www.veryComputer.com/
Hope this helps,
jack
--
The JPEG Wizard free service and software: http://www.veryComputer.com/
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

> My scanner (Mustek 600 cp) creates a temporary bitmapfile while scanning,
> autocompresses the imagedata, saves it to *.jpg and deletes the bmp
> file...but the problem is that the compression quality is *VERY* poor, and I
> want the bitmap file...
> Any idea how to get around this?? (-btw: the bitmap file is locked until
> deleted....).

> Michael.

1. Help ASAP-Scan with TWAIN color loss

PLEASE help ASAP - I'm going to loose my first & only client - not a good
start!

I have watercolor artwork to scan for a client.  Set at true color I still
loose light shades, especially pinks, that are renderes as white.   The
background is also white, this is a big problem.

If this is a calavration problem: I haven't been able to calabrate the
scanner because the standardize image that came with the scanner is missing
and they (ImageREader FB by Info) haven't send a replacement yet (been
weeks). CorelDRAW doesn't support this model so I can't use that.  Out of
options?

2. Scanned pen signature and edge jaggies fix?

3. Where to get TWAIN scanning example Windows source

4. Antialiasing inner edges but not outside edge

5. How to save scan without ending twain session?

6. *.cdr file extension

7. Scanning problems with Mustek & Twain

8. HELP lost PSD file

9. Scanning and Twain, Twain32, and Twain_32

10. scanning from twain scanner