Graphical performance metrics

Post by Alex P. Madarasz, J » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997 21:52:51 +0000 (GMT), Malcolm Pigott

>Is there any way of measuring the number of each graphical primitive that
>goes down the graphics pipe (esp. of Impact and Infinite Reality graphics)?
>e.g. number of anti-aliased lines per/frame, number of arcs, filled polygons,
>etc. I realise my description here is a little simplistic but I hope you get
>the idea of what I'm after :-).

Look for optional (-ly installed) products named "glprof" and "gldebug" on
your CD(s) - at least that's what I can dredge up from my miserable memory
tonight (killing brain cells at home, without an SGI in sight).

Not sure if glprof will give you what you need, but it's probably a start.

Graphical performance metrics

Post by Malcolm Pigot » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Is there any way of measuring the number of each graphical primitive that
goes down the graphics pipe (esp. of Impact and Infinite Reality graphics)?
e.g. number of anti-aliased lines per/frame, number of arcs, filled polygons,
etc. I realise my description here is a little simplistic but I hope you get
the idea of what I'm after :-).

We'd like to get an appreciation of exactly what our software sends down the
pipe so we can use this data to help choose the most appropriate machine from
the new ranges as they appear.

The machines we'd like the info. for are given below:

[IRIX 6.2 - (Indigo 2) Hi & Max Impact, (Onyx) Infinite Reality
 IRIX 5.3 - (4D 320) VGX, (Crimson) Elan
 IRIX 4.0.5 - (4D 210) VGXT, (4D 70) GT, (4D 70) G]

Many thanks for any help you can offer,

Malcolm

  using an StrongARM Acorn Risc PC   http://www.pigott.demon.co.uk/

1. upgrade your computer for better graphical performance

All Your Computer Business's Price List
        -11/16/96

*Special of the week*
        Take an additional  5% off on every product that is  sold on our
web page,   http://aycb.com

Memory
Standard Simm 72 pins (non-parity)

4MB (1x32 60ns)         $21.98
8MB (2x32 60ns)         $39.98
16MB (4x32 60ns)        $92.98
32MB (8x32 60ns)        $179.98
64MB (16x32 60ns)       $449.98

Standard Simm 72 pins (parity)

4MB (1x32 60ns)         $32.98
8MB (2x32 60ns)         $63.98
16MB (4x32 60ns)        $115.98
32MB (8x32 60ns)        $229.98
64MB (16x32 60ns)       $519.98

Standard Simm 72 pins EDO  (non-parity)

4MB (1x32 60ns)         $22.98
8MB (2x32 60ns)         $42.98
16MB (4x32 60ns)        $93.98
32MB (8x32 60ns)        $189.98

All parts are BRAND NEW.  We DO NOT sell USED, REFURB, or PULLS parts.
Full manufacture warranty will apply on all the parts.

Fastest way to order is to fill out the order form on our web page.

All Your Computer Business

WWW: http://aycb.com

FAX or Voice Mail: 510-848-3567

2. Routing algorithm

3. Missing Images in latest Siggraph 2002 Pub!

4. what diferrent at phong and phongE ?

5. JPEG

6. Metric Units in Visio Pro 4.5