Transparent texture that casts a shadow?

Transparent texture that casts a shadow?

Post by Tophe » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I'm trying to create a stained class window and so I need the window to cast
the texture on the object it has its shadow on but I all I have been able to
do is get the pigment color as the shadow. Is this possible with POV-Ray?
How?

Thanks

Post by Bob » Sun, 18 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>I'm trying to create a stained class window and so I need the window to
cast
>the texture on the object it has its shadow on but I all I have been able
>do is get the pigment color as the shadow. Is this possible with POV-Ray?
>How?

Have you tried 'caustics'?

    interior { ior 1.5 caustics 1.0 }

Bob R
POVrookie

Transparent texture that casts a shadow?

Post by m4l ]l[ h4vO » Sun, 18 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Use MegaPOV and fire some photons at the baby. Use a bit o' radiosity
and you're rockin'.

http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

Quote:>=P

Quote:>I'm trying to create a stained class window and so I need the window to cast
>the texture on the object it has its shadow on but I all I have been able to
>do is get the pigment color as the shadow. Is this possible with POV-Ray?
>How?

>Thanks

Transparent texture that casts a shadow?

Post by m4l ]l[ h4vO » Sun, 18 Jun 2000 04:00:00

That is not quite as realistic and flexible as MegaPOV's photon
mapping system tho. Still it's quick but shadows tend to be the value
of the object's transparency without much regard for density, etc.

Post by Warp » Mon, 19 Jun 2000 04:00:00

: I'm trying to create a stained class window and so I need the window to cast
: the texture on the object it has its shadow on but I all I have been able to
: do is get the pigment color as the shadow. Is this possible with POV-Ray?
: How?

  If the texture is partially filtering, it will cast the texture. I don't
see the problem.