Protected mode programming of video cards

Protected mode programming of video cards

Post by Peter M. S. Ols » Tue, 28 Feb 1995 23:16:09

I'm programming a system to visualize 3D movements of planets for my M.Sc.
Thesis and I need some informations about programming the svga video cards
in protected mode.

Does anyone have informations about video cards that supports linear
addressing of the video buffer in packed 8 bit mode 800x600 or 1024x768 in
protected mode. (To make the screen update as uncomplicated as possible)

I've heard that TSeng 4000 can, but I don't have any informations about
TSeng 4000 or any other card.

Thanks in advance - Peter M.S. Olsen

1. Accessing video memory >64kb protected mode VESA modes

Hi there ppl,
I was interrested in the VESA modes with high color and high resolutions, so
I wanted to try some things out...
I was able to come in the proper video modes, but when i write data to the
video card, i'm only able to access a small part in the top of the screen.
So, i heard that's normal because of the 64k boundary.
But i'm writing under Watcom 11 protected mode with dos4gw and Pmode/w. I've
read that under protected mode there is that flat memory model, and
everything should be much easier...
But do i have to do something to get in that flat memory model or something?

Can anyone plz give me some docs or sample sources of vesa programming under
c/c++? plz plz plz...

Thanks in advance...

Patrick "Techno19" Radius

http://t-ware.ml.org

Visit my programming archive at:
http://t-ware.ml.org/pub/programming
or
ftp://t-ware.ml.org/pub/programming

2. PRO MARTINA - LET'S HELP MARTINA

3. 3D Programming and Protected mode programming

4. jpeg images

5. Need help with high-res VESA modes in Watcom protected mode

6. FTP

7. --- PETITION for a MODERN BASIC VIDEO MODE on PC VIDEO CARDS ---

8. -- PETITION for a MODERN BASIC VIDEO MODE on PC VIDEO CARDS ---

9. Could someone suggest a great video card 32 meg video card with video out

10. --- PETITION for a BASIC STANDARD VIDEO MODE on PC cards ---

11. a8r8g8b8 mode non available on my video card

12. VESA Windowed / Protected Mode