Red-Eye (refine) question

Post by Faye Bart » Wed, 02 May 2001 12:18:34

Hello,
       I've been using the red-eye correction,  getting used
to it, when I have time.  I've started to get good results
with it, but need to get the eyes to "track" better (something
that will come with more practice).
        My question/beef is with the Refine control.  Since the default
setting is at its maximum, I often want to decrease it a little (one or
two units).  However, as soon as I release the mouse button, it
jumps way down to the middle of the scale, and I have to push it
up to where I want it.    What is the cause of this, and what can I
do about it?  Is there a setting I can modify which would correct
this?  Please advise, thanks. F. Barth

email address munged to thwart spambots.

Red-Eye (refine) question

Post by Kris Zaklik » Wed, 02 May 2001 12:42:01

> Hello,
>        I've been using the red-eye correction,  getting used
> to it, when I have time.  I've started to get good results
> with it, but need to get the eyes to "track" better (something
> that will come with more practice).
>         My question/beef is with the Refine control.  Since the default
> setting is at its maximum, I often want to decrease it a little (one or
> two units).  However, as soon as I release the mouse button, it
> jumps way down to the middle of the scale, and I have to push it
> up to where I want it.    What is the cause of this, and what can I
> do about it?  Is there a setting I can modify which would correct
> this?  Please advise, thanks. F. Barth

> email address munged to thwart spambots.

This does not happen with Auto Human Eye. However, it happens
with the other methods. I agree that this is perhaps not the
most expected behavior but it is the consequences of some
internal choices the algorithm has to make. After the jump,
don't drag the Refine slider all the way to the right. Just
position it where you want it and everything will be OK.
Kris Zaklika              Jasc Software, Inc.                   The

1. Refine, refine, refine

Refine your design skills. Check us out.

--
A Graphic Designer's Guide to the Galaxy
"Now over 120 Graphic Design links in 18 categories"

2. The Internet Raytracing Competition CDROM

3. Refine, refine, and then refine

4. Assembler Graphics Routines Needed

5. Red-Eye Reduction - Blue Eyes

6. MPEG info wanted

7. "Flashy" eyes after red eye removed

8. How can intercept or receiving keyboard messages ?

9. Basic Question Red Eye

10. Red-eye removal question?

11. remove red eye

12. Red eye removal???/