Producing Movies from an HP 9000/730

Post by Ken Heer » Sun, 11 Oct 1992 01:00:55

I have a project in which I need to produce a vhs tape of images.  The WS I
have is an HP snake.  Is there any equipment out there that will allow me to do
this?

thanks

ken

Producing Movies from an HP 9000/730

Post by C D Osla » Sun, 11 Oct 1992 01:41:10

Quote:>I have a project in which I need to produce a vhs tape of images.  The WS I
>have is an HP snake.  Is there any equipment out there that will allow me to do
>this?

>ken

I don't know whether, like SGI machines, the snake can be set to
produce a PAL or NTSC rate/size picture.  If it can, you will need
a PAL or NTSC encoder and feed the output straight into a recorder.
If not you'll need a linerate convertor.  A decent coder costs
about $(UK)1500, although board level version can be a lot cheaper.
The cheapest linerate convertor will be closer to $(UK)10,000.
There will be a lot of information on this in the archive, about six
months back.

Chris Osland
Head of Computer Graphics
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Oxfordshire, UK