Spheres or blobs (POV) inside a volume defined by 3d points

Spheres or blobs (POV) inside a volume defined by 3d points

Post by Marc Sokolows » Fri, 18 Aug 1995 04:00:00

        Hi!

        I have posted already a similar question, but just to make my
question more precise, I can imagine a*sphere initially arounbd my set
of 3d points, and then air in pumped out of it so that its volume gets
smaller and smaller to finally stretch tightly around the volume definerd by
thgose points. Some points may be inside, but they are a minority (more a
noise than anything else), and the majority of 3d points define a 2d cover...
how to approximate this volume wuith spheres or blobs????

                                Marc
--
"Error #132: Cannot exit from Windows, try the door"
                Edouard Shtrutsrup, "Jokes only programmers can understand"

1. Spheres or blobs (POV) inside a volume defined by 3d points

        Hi!

        I have posted already a similar question, but just to make my
question more precise, I can imagine a latex sphere initially arounbd my set
of 3d points, and then air in pumped out of it so that its volume gets
smaller and smaller to finally stretch tightly around the volume definerd by
thgose points. Some points may be inside, but they are a minority (more a
noise than anything else), and the majority of 3d points define a 2d cover...
how to approximate this volume wuith spheres or blobs????

                                Marc
--
"Error #132: Cannot exit from Windows, try the door"
                Edouard Shtrutsrup, "Jokes only programmers can understand"
Marc Sokolowski

2. String comparisions in POV-Ray

3. Blobs and volumes defined by 3D points

4. NewTek website off line?

5. Filling a set of 3d points with spheres (or better, blobs)

6. WINSOM

7. Hot to get font sizes?

8. volume light inside sphere

9. Point inside a tube-like volume test?

10. Need C-algorithm, which decide whether a 3D-point is inside a space, defined by 8 x 3D-points

11. Regular Grids on Spheres / Sphere Tilings / Equal distribution of points on a sphere

12. is a 3D point inside or outside a 3D polygon