Animating Spotlights in POV-RAY

Post by Chris Colefa » Mon, 16 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> I'm new to animation in Pov-Ray, and am very surprised at the lack of help I
> could find on the internet. I want to find out how to animate a spotlight so
> that it moves from point A to point B. If anyone could help me, I'd greatly
> appreciate it.

If you wish to keyframe elements of your scene perhaps you could use my
Automatic Clock Modifier macro file, which can be used something like
this:

  light_source {From (.3, <10, -30, 20>) To (.7, <-30, 40, 10>)
    color rgb From (0, 0) To (1, 1.5)
    spotlight radius From (.3, 5) To (.6, 20) To (.9, 3)
    falloff From (.3, 10) To (.5, 30) To (.8, 50)}

You can download the file from my page:

   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434

Animating Spotlights in POV-RAY

Post by Przemyslaw Idzkiewic » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello,
> I'm new to animation in Pov-Ray, and am very surprised at the lack of help I
> could find on the internet. I want to find out how to animate a spotlight so
> that it moves from point A to point B. If anyone could help me, I'd greatly
> appreciate it.

if you want to animate any object so it moves from point A to B you
can do something like

----
// ( let's assume A=(xa,ya,za) and B=(xb,yb,zb) )

object {
   #declare rclock=1-clock;
   translate <xa*rclock+xb*clock,ya*rclock+yb*clock,za*rclock+zb*clock>

Quote:}

---

and then vary clock value from 0 to 1 with +k parameter or by
parameters in .ini file. ( RTM 'cos I don't remember their names ).

                                          -= BlueShade=-

'I do my best.' the Messenger said in a sulky tone. 'I'm sure nobody
walks much faster than I do!'   'He can't do that,' said the King,
'or else he'd have been here first (..)' - L.Carroll

1. POV-Ray, halo and spotlights

Hello everybody !
I'd like to ask if some of the POV-Ray 3 users that undoubtedly are amongst
you all knows how I could make a dust halo which would only show the beam of
light coming from a spotlight, _without_ attenuating the background.
See what I mean ? I'd like the halo to only add some light to the ray, while
keeping completely transparent and show the entire background superimposed
with the beam of light.
By the way, I work in a closed room, so if it is possible using atmosphere
to achieve this effect but not halos, it will not bother me.
Can anyone help ?

Looking forward to hearing from you...
Bob

--
---------+* Roland "B-o-b" Mas *+----------

     Phone : 01.45.81.71.14 (France)
          +33.1.45.81.71.14 (abroad)
 <http://www-stud.enst.fr/~mas/index.html>

2. lots of young closed stickers will totally measure the diets

3. Animating with POV-RAY??

4. Academic reseller

5. Animating smoke in Pov-ray

6. Insert a Picture In a RichEdit and Save It as Rtf. File

7. POV-Ray animating star fields!!

8. primitive antialiasing

9. POV-Ray animating stars!!!!

10. Roue dentées pour POV-Ray/cogwheels for POV-Ray

11. New POV-Ray Electronic Newsletter (POV-Ray Times)

12. animate spotlight target fix or on a spline

13. POV shadowless spotlight bug (with fix)