Stereo Question-GLwMDrawingArea

Post by isla » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I have a program which exits with the following error:

 Error: GLwMDrawingArea: requested visual not supported

when it goes into stereo mode. does anybody know if this
error is due to missing harware or software. I thought a
standard O2 did not require additional hardware to display
stereo (via emmiter/glasses).

The systems is O2 running Irix 6.3. Hinv gives

Video: MVP unit 0 version 1.2
 with no AV Card or Camera.
FLASH PROM version 4.7
On-board serial ports: 2
On-board EPP/ECP parallel port
1 200 MHZ IP32 Processor
FPU: MIPS R5000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 1.0
CPU: MIPS R5000 Processor Chip Revision: 2.1
Data cache size: 32 Kbytes
Instruction cache size: 32 Kbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 1 Mbyte on Processor 0
Main memory size: 128 Mbytes
Iris Audio Processor: version A3 revision 0
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
  Disk drive: unit 2 on SCSI controller 1
  CDROM: unit 4 on SCSI controller 0
  Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
CRM graphics installed
Integral SCSI controller 1: Version ADAPTEC 7880
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version ADAPTEC 7880
Vice: TRE

thanks
Suhail A Islam
Biomolecular Modelling Laboratory
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, P.O. Box 123
44 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX
Tel: (0171) 269 3380
Fax: (0171) 269 3258

http://www.icnet.uk/bmm/

1. RapidApp, GLwMDrawingArea question

Hi,

This is the scenario:
I have an application that I am using RapidApp to develop. I have a
control panel process(CP), and a Screen process(SC). The process CP
writes into a shared memory segment the value of a dial. SC is supposed
to poll the shared memory segment to see if the dial value has changed,
read the value of the dial from the shared memory and based on its
value, perform an operation on an image (eg., convolution), and draw the
resultant image on the screen (a GLwMDrawingArea).

This is my problem:
The GLwMDrawingArea widget created using RapidApp can only be accesses
using the callback functions (expose, input and resize). Is there a way
I can make it respond to a custom event like the change of the value of
the dial?

- Krishna Sai

2. Managing callbacks in a SoQt app

3. OpenGL/X/Motif Question on glwMDrawingArea

4. DEMO REEL

5. IVF Use Stereo question and multVec question

6. simple question: how do i make a circle

7. Stereo Movie question?

8. Why should I get a MGA Millenium

9. Stereo graphics question

10. Newbie stereo question