questions on GL,Inventor,OpenGl and forms and Forms Bug

questions on GL,Inventor,OpenGl and forms and Forms Bug

Post by Deborah Berm » Thu, 29 Jul 1993 05:26:32

Quote:>Hello!

>In our department we currently work on a project in the field of
>molecular modelling. We are now in the stage of preparing a visualization
>of our results on a sgi-workstation. We have run into some questions such
>as :

>- We are looking forward to construct a menuedriven user-interface. We have
>  information that there exists a public domain program called "forms" which
>  may be used as a menue-generator. Has somebody already made some experiences
>  with this tool or can tell us where to get it from ?

I just started using the Forms package, and I have so far been very pleased
with its ease-of-use and most of its look-and-feel (except maybe the
menus, actually; you'll decide if you like them.)

You can ftp Forms from glaurung.physics.mcgill.ca.  It is in
/pub/SGI/Forms.

The only problem I've run into is I think I just came across a bug in
the dialog boxes.  Sometimes it gets "stuck" after displaying a
fl_show_message dialog and my main window no long receives user events
or SGI draw commands or input of any kind.  Sometimes, the dialog itself
stays stuck up (or a "shadow" box of it).  When I remove my calls to
"fl_show_message," the program works perfectly.  I was wondering if anyone
else has encountered this problem or one like it?

Quote:

>- Are there other programs available that may be used to build such a user-
>  interface ?

>Thanks in advance and
>Greetings from Germany,
>                    RaMa.

Good luck!  I would be interested in hearing a summary of the email

>+---------------------------------+------------------------------------------+

>| Department of Applied Physics   |            +49-731-502-2941              |
>+---------------------------------+------------------------------------------+

Thanks!

Debbie Berman
University of Washington
Computer Science

--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend...
   Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.  (Groucho Marx)

1. questions on GL,Inventor,OpenGl and forms

Hello!

In our department we currently work on a project in the field of
molecular modelling. We are now in the stage of preparing a visualization
of our results on a sgi-workstation. We have run into some questions such
as :

- is there anyone out there in netland who has experience with GL and
  a program from SGI called "Inventor" ?

- When will OpenGl be released and what is more important than the release
  date : where do we get documentation from.

- We are looking forward to construct a menuedriven user-interface. We have
  information that there exists a public domain program called "forms" which
  may be used as a menue-generator. Has somebody already made some experiences
  with this tool or can tell us where to get it from ?

- Are there other programs available that may be used to build such a user-
  interface ?

Thanks in advance and
Greetings from Germany,
                    RaMa.

+---------------------------------+------------------------------------------+

| Department of Applied Physics   |            +49-731-502-2941              |
+---------------------------------+------------------------------------------+

2. images?? databases??

3. Place text on picture

4. Hosting OpenGL form in another form

5. Rayshade

6. Closed-Form Form-Factor

7. Forms in Form

8. How do I get the size of form borders and title bar on a form

9. Embedding a form in another form

10. Forms inside forms

11. Copy a contro from one form to another Form