How to Overlap Images

Post by Terry M. Co » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

We want to take two images and overlap them to create a composite image.
The top image needs to overwrite most of the bottom image, except for some
parts that will need to come through in the composite image.  I have heard
of  'invisible colors,' which I believe will allow part of the bottom image
to come through to the composite image.  Are there some utilities that will
do this quite easily?  We would like to merge a standard form with some
variable text.  We will them take that composite image and will print it
out to a laser printer.  If someone knows how to do this, I would very much
appreciate hearing about it.  Thanks!

Terry
Spokane, WA
USA

How to Overlap Images

Post by Wes » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Don't know what imaging software you are using, but if it is PhotoShop, you
can do this with layers. Place one picture on one layer, place the second
picture on another layer. The second layer will completely overlay the first
one. Select the overlap on the 2nd layer and decrease its density to
whatever you like. You could also add a layer mask to the one on top and by
using various shades of gray paint out what you want.

How to Overlap Images

Post by jack » Sun, 13 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
This is easy to do with our new JPEG Wizard(tm) product that is just in
beta.  It allows two jpegs to blend based on the amount of "luminance
and chrominance" from each file.  http://www.veryComputer.com/
Let me know if you want to try.
jack
--
  Check out the Pegasus *: http://www.veryComputer.com/*
  Check out "BETTER JPEG" live: http://www.veryComputer.com/

> We want to take two images and overlap them to create a composite image.
> The top image needs to overwrite most of the bottom image, except for some
> parts that will need to come through in the composite image.  I have heard
> of  'invisible colors,' which I believe will allow part of the bottom image
> to come through to the composite image.  Are there some utilities that will
> do this quite easily?  We would like to merge a standard form with some
> variable text.  We will them take that composite image and will print it
> out to a laser printer.  If someone knows how to do this, I would very much
> appreciate hearing about it.  Thanks!

> Terry
> Spokane, WA
> USA

1. How do I remove an overlapping image?

Hi there
I'm new to photoshop (6.0), and need to remove an image thats
overlapping another. The image I need to remove is sort of transparent
in that I can still see the image underneath it. Someone gave me the
hint that I should be using the clone and mask tool, but so far I've
gotten no where.
Thanks

2. Transparency problems

3. how to meld adjacent overlapping images

4. TIFF to ?? converter?

5. how to overlap images?

6. animated movie camera

7. How to draw overlapped images?

8. Ray-triangle intersection

9. How do I make those overlapping, translucent images?

10. Merging Overlapping TIFF Images

11. Looking for overlapping DTED and IMAGE data?

12. Stitching images that should overlap

13. Merging Overlapping TIFF Images