Graphics for Web pages...

Post by Brad Meine » Wed, 15 Mar 1995 08:09:38

1. In order to create a graphic in Photoshop that will look good on
both PCs and MACs, how should I index the image from an RGB?  Should I
scale to 8-bit exact, 8-bit adaptive, or something else?  I heard that
I should not scale to the MAC system pallette.

2. Does anyone know about a Photoshop plug-in that supports both
transparency and interlacing?  One would be very useful.
----
Brad

Graphics for Web pages...

Post by Theodore Henry Phar » Wed, 15 Mar 1995 19:51:17

> 2. Does anyone know about a Photoshop plug-in that supports both
> transparency and interlacing?  One would be very useful.

brad:

I don't know of any photoshop plug-ins for creating transparent
backgrounds & saving GIFs in an interlaced format, though the seperate
app's GIFconvert will do the latter, and Transparency the former.

http://home.mcom.com/MCOM/tricks_docs/tools_docs/index.html to get
ahold of the above & other useful html authoring tools for the
Macintosh.

Quote:> 1. In order to create a graphic in Photoshop that will look good on
> both PCs and MACs, how should I index the image from an RGB?  Should I
> scale to 8-bit exact, 8-bit adaptive, or something else?  I heard that
> I should not scale to the MAC system pallette.

for a GIF going into a html document, I would suggest using an indexed
color table containing the exact number of colors in the picture, when
possible.  If the RGB image contains more than 256 colors, then have
photoshop adapt the 8 bit color table to the colors in the image.

In general, i would suggest you avoid using the system pallette, unless
you have a need for your image to not disturb window and background
colors on a 256 color display.

After you've saved your GIF in Photoshop, use GIFconvert to save it
w/interlacing it and Transparancy to make the background transparent
(in that order, otherwise you'll loose the transparent background).
Should look nice.

--
ted phares
     university of california, berkeley - mechanical engineering

1. need some good video game themed graphics for web pages

hi i am know artist and need a background that has the logos of the pre-crash
companies Atari,intelivision,colecovision ect(i can supply if needed) AND I
need a generic joystick graphic

if you can help that would get my webpage on classic vids on a roll
interested parties contact chris

thanks

2. Illustrator 7 and and colorsync

3. Graphics and web pages designed

4. POV material_map question

5. Animated Graphics and Web Pages

6. Art Director/Graphic Designer, Chicago

7. Starting salary for a graphics artist/web page designer

8. OpenGL on Macintosh

9. graphics to Web page?

10. Free original graphics for web pages!

11. Creating non-square graphic for web page that uses a background pattern

12. Graphics on web pages, please.

13. what size graphic for web page banner