free icons, buttons, clipart, etc.

Post by frodo the hobbi » Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hello, everybody out there!

Whenever I'm programming HTML or other kinds of software
for private or commercial use, I would like or have to add
some icons, buttons, clipart, etc.
Not having the time - and ability - to create them all by myself,
I'd like to use some of those already existing.
But most of these icons, etc are or at least might be
copyright-protected. (Even at those internet-pages I found,
there's often somewhere a little notice like 'copyright
by ...', 'if you want to use these pictures (...) you have
to link this page ...', etc.). I don't want to risk getting a bill
or charge for using somebody's icons, etc.

Does anybody know pages, etc. where I can get really free graphics
of any kind?
I'm sure that there are lots of (HTML-) programmers having the
same problem (but maybe not knowing that this could be
quite a serious problem)!

Thank you.

(And please: I can't (and won't) pay $ 100 or $ 300 for a CD with
free icons, etc. This might be OK if I would need lots of graphics
of professional quality, but it's not OK for sometimes using icons,
etc. that already  exist in a very big quantity).

free icons, buttons, clipart, etc.

Post by The Wizard of Draw » Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:00:00

For cartoon clipart, you won't find any better on the web for free than
at my site.
(And if you're willing to spend $30.00 or so, I have a CD of more of my
cartoons available from my site)
Enjoy!
--
     Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino
     --------------------------------

free icons, buttons, clipart, etc.

Post by Gail M. Ha » Sun, 08 Mar 1998 04:00:00

On Fri, 06 Mar 1998 14:17:30 +0100, frodo the hobbit

buttons, clipart, etc.":

Quote:>Hello, everybody out there!

>Whenever I'm programming HTML or other kinds of software
>for private or commercial use, I would like or have to add
>some icons, buttons, clipart, etc.
>Not having the time - and ability - to create them all by myself,
>I'd like to use some of those already existing.
>But most of these icons, etc are or at least might be
>copyright-protected. (Even at those internet-pages I found,
>there's often somewhere a little notice like 'copyright
>by ...', 'if you want to use these pictures (...) you have
>to link this page ...', etc.). I don't want to risk getting a bill
>or charge for using somebody's icons, etc.

>Does anybody know pages, etc. where I can get really free graphics
>of any kind?
>I'm sure that there are lots of (HTML-) programmers having the
>same problem (but maybe not knowing that this could be
>quite a serious problem)!

>Thank you.

>(And please: I can't (and won't) pay $ 100 or $ 300 for a CD with
>free icons, etc. This might be OK if I would need lots of graphics
>of professional quality, but it's not OK for sometimes using icons,
>etc. that already  exist in a very big quantity).

I have seen CD-ROMs on the bargain counter of a local computer store for $10
or less.  Just go a computer store near you and browse through their stacks
of cheap disks.  Some of these are kind of old but not necessarily.

If you can go to as high as $20, you can find even more.

 Gail M. Hall