Macros...

Post by RR New » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Does 7.0 have Macros?  If not, that would be a great addition.

The ability to "record" keystrokes for actions and use it on other images.
No, not a filter.  Something that can be recorded real easy, and changeable.

ok.. like, if I want to use an arrow, in Word, I set up ctrl+alt+k to be an
arrow.  It would be nice is you could assign keystrokes to be an action.

Macros...

Post by Beth Winte » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> Does 7.0 have Macros?  If not, that would be a great addition.

> The ability to "record" keystrokes for actions and use it on other images.
> No, not a filter.  Something that can be recorded real easy, and changeable.

> ok.. like, if I want to use an arrow, in Word, I set up ctrl+alt+k to be an
> arrow.  It would be nice is you could assign keystrokes to be an action.

LOL, keep on people -- if we harass JASC enough perhaps they *will* give them to
us... version 8? I certainly hope so.
--
Beth Winter, PSP terrorist - New Millenium Division
The Discworld Compendium <http://go.to/thediscworldcompendium>

Macros...

Post by Kris Zaklik » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> Does 7.0 have Macros?  If not, that would be a great addition.

> The ability to "record" keystrokes for actions and use it on other images.
> No, not a filter.  Something that can be recorded real easy, and changeable.

> ok.. like, if I want to use an arrow, in Word, I set up ctrl+alt+k to be an
> arrow.  It would be nice is you could assign keystrokes to be an action.

What is it you are actually requesting? Is it user-definable key
bindings? Is it only recordable macros? Is is editable macros? If
the second, changeable how? In a text editor? By pulling things from
a menu? Are you looking for a piece of software that looks and acts
like Word? :) Would you like that dog thing to keep popping up in
PSP :)
Kris Zaklika                                       Jasc Software, Inc.

Macros...

Post by Beth Winte » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> <snip>Would you like that dog thing to keep popping up in
> PSP :)

<mode type="Phantom Menace">
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
</mode>

seriously, don't give the software engineers bad ideas... Everything but the
thrice-damned paperclip...
^_^
--

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> > <snip>Would you like that dog thing to keep popping up in
> > PSP :)

> <mode type="Phantom Menace">
> NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
> </mode>

> seriously, don't give the software engineers bad ideas... Everything but the
> thrice-damned paperclip...

I use and like the Genius (looks like Einstein) which comes as an option in MS
Office Professional Edition. Perhaps an animated version of the Splash Screen
lady. :-)

Quote:> ^_^

--
Bill - PSP 7, PSP 6, and Media Center Plus Private Beta Tester
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235

Macros...

Post by Nightingai » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I am asking for a Retouch tool menu that would be more convenient. Just
thought I'd sneak that in here.

(These martini's are very good tonight <g>)

Gail

--
Nightingail's Gallery
http://www.netsync.net/users/nighting

> > Does 7.0 have Macros?  If not, that would be a great addition.

> > The ability to "record" keystrokes for actions and use it on other
images.
> > No, not a filter.  Something that can be recorded real easy, and
changeable.

> > ok.. like, if I want to use an arrow, in Word, I set up ctrl+alt+k
to be an
> > arrow.  It would be nice is you could assign keystrokes to be an
action.

> What is it you are actually requesting? Is it user-definable key
> bindings? Is it only recordable macros? Is is editable macros? If
> the second, changeable how? In a text editor? By pulling things from
> a menu? Are you looking for a piece of software that looks and acts
> like Word? :) Would you like that dog thing to keep popping up in
> PSP :)
> Kris Zaklika                                       Jasc Software, Inc.

Macros...

Post by Porte » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I am asking for a Retouch tool menu that would be more convenient. Just
> thought I'd sneak that in here.

> (These martini's are very good tonight <g>)

> Gail

This woman is exhibiting extraordinarily sound reason & depths of
perception, let's keep her liquored up on a regular basis.  Any drunk
seeking improved Retouch access & tools is a good friend of mine.  Want a
fake skins palette for retouch Gail?  If yes, write me privately with your
current screen resolution.

Porter

Macros...

Post by Ronald Vic » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

>> Does 7.0 have Macros?  If not, that would be a great addition.

>> The ability to "record" keystrokes for actions and use it on other images.
>> No, not a filter.  Something that can be recorded real easy, and changeable.

>> ok.. like, if I want to use an arrow, in Word, I set up ctrl+alt+k to be an
>> arrow.  It would be nice is you could assign keystrokes to be an action.

>What is it you are actually requesting? Is it user-definable key
>bindings? Is it only recordable macros? Is is editable macros? If
>the second, changeable how? In a text editor? By pulling things from
>a menu? Are you looking for a piece of software that looks and acts
>like Word? :) Would you like that dog thing to keep popping up in
>PSP :)

If I see something like that swarmy paper clip show up, I'd be likely
to trash something.  First day it was cute, second- indifferent,
third- hateful, fourth- a visit from a demon of the pit.  And it went
downhill from there.

Jaggiemeister Ron- PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter, Executive Officer.
Great Beginner info at http://www.jasc-canada-psp-edu.com
FAQs at http://www.alphageo.com/psp/faq.html
Very FAQ at http://members.aol.com/psptopten/topten.html
My tips at http://hometown.aol.com/ronaldlvick/index.html

Macros...

Post by Chuck Anderso » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 09:07:27

> > I am asking for a Retouch tool menu that would be more convenient. Just
> > thought I'd sneak that in here.

> > (These martini's are very good tonight <g>)

> > Gail

> This woman is exhibiting extraordinarily sound reason & depths of
> perception, let's keep her liquored up on a regular basis.  Any drunk
> seeking improved Retouch access & tools is a good friend of mine.  Want a
> fake skins palette for retouch Gail?  If yes, write me privately with your
> current screen resolution.

Porter, do you have any tutorials where you use the retouch tool and all (or
some) it's varieties.  I've yet to get into this "game," but you obviously
find it very useful.  I know I'm missing something.

If I drink beer instead of martinis will I shtill be able to ushe 'em hic o -
propel - er properler - er - plopler - - - - - - - uhm, ok?

 Chuck Anderson ? Boulder, CO    CycleTourist at
 http://www.CycleTourist.com     worldnet.att.net
 Tolerance is recognizing that other people have different ideals
 and needs than you. Compromise is acting on that knowledge.

Macros...

Post by Porte » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 11:51:00

> > > I am asking for a Retouch tool menu that would be more convenient.
> > >Just  thought I'd sneak that in here.
> > > (These martini's are very good tonight <g>)
> > > Gail

> > This woman is exhibiting extraordinarily sound reason & depths of
> > perception, let's keep her liquored up on a regular basis.  Any drunk
> > seeking improved Retouch access & tools is a good friend of mine.

Porter

Quote:> Porter, do you have any tutorials where you use the retouch tool and all
> (or some) it's varieties.  I've yet to get into this "game," but you
obviously
> find it very useful.  I know I'm missing something.
>  Chuck Anderson . Boulder, CO    CycleTourist at

Not at present, perhaps after we eventually have a palette that is more user
friendly I may put a couple notes up on some of the hotter tickets on that
palette.

Considering that we have 19 tools there (13 of which I find immensely
powerful) that no one ever seems to mention much, I strongly suspect a lot
of folks just haven't grasped the range & power of those tools yet.

Here's some human heads I ran through PSP's retouch palette with nearly all
the major changes achieved simply with Push Tool & the Clone tool.  I try to
do as much as possible with big soft brushes since I really hate changing
tools on that palette.

Everything else on them was  done using plain old standard PSP tools like
selections, color adjustments & layers.  No special filters were used
anywhere & each image was completed in the span of time that it takes for
one Chuck Berry track to play.  Well, except for that woman with flowers in
her hair whose lighting/coloring was & still is a stinking nightmare.  She
required an additional track of Aretha Franklin_Freeway of Love_not that
it's my fave but just because it's real long song. <g>)

http://people.we.mediaone.net/campratty/retouch.html

The retouch palette isn't all about human heads, since there are many great
effects and tweaks possible using things like the Color & Saturation to
Targets, Smudge, the Darkens and Lightens & Hue to target.  Saturation Up as
a painting tool is very satisfying to me personally when used in combination
with other filters to turn ordinary photos into so much more.  However this
is very difficult territory to verbalize.  I may say the Push tool is like a
surgeon's scalpel & unflaring nostrils makes people look better ... but I
can't tell you which cut to make on each individual where they can look
better and yet still look like themselves.  That comes from experience and a
feel for your subject.

Porter

Macros...

Post by Tim List » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 12:11:24

>> Does 7.0 have Macros?  If not, that would be a great addition.

>> The ability to "record" keystrokes for actions and use it on other images.
>> No, not a filter.  Something that can be recorded real easy, and changeable.

>> ok.. like, if I want to use an arrow, in Word, I set up ctrl+alt+k to be an
>> arrow.  It would be nice is you could assign keystrokes to be an action.

>What is it you are actually requesting? Is it user-definable key
>bindings?

that would be nice, but secondary.

Quote:>Is it only recordable macros?

not only, but also.

Quote:>Is is editable macros? If
>the second, changeable how? In a text editor? By pulling things from
>a menu?

any mechanism, just so one can create compounds of effects and
actions.

Quote:> Are you looking for a piece of software that looks and acts
>like Word?

god help us, no.

Quote:>:) Would you like that dog thing to keep popping up in
>PSP :)

good lord, protect us from the evil one's minion.

>Kris Zaklika                                       Jasc Software, Inc.

himself ]:-)

regards,
        tal
===========

[Tim Lister, EYE CANDY web spinning, NSW 2042, Australia]
[Phone: 61 2 9557 4050]

[WWW: http://www.maxtal.com.au/~tal/eyecandy ]
[committee member of AWPA:  http://www.awpa.asn.au/ ]
"He walks the streets like an ordinary man"

Macros...

Post by Kris Zaklik » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> I am asking for a Retouch tool menu that would be more convenient. Just
> thought I'd sneak that in here.

> (These martini's are very good tonight <g>)

I'm asking for a macro to pour Talisker or Laphroaig, but Joe
insists on Lagavulin.

Quote:> Gail

[snip]
Kris Zaklika                                       Jasc Software, Inc.

Macros...

Post by Nightingai » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

<Many hours later, vodka martini molecules in the *stream all having
been replaced by caffeine molecules...>

I use the Retouch tool mostly for "painting" - I can't draw freehand, so
I often start with something that catches my interest and then use the
retouch tool to make it into an image for my digital gallery. Here's an
example, since that probably didn't make sense ;-)

http://www.veryComputer.com/

The top image is a fractal that I made in Ultra Fractal - which is a
fractal rendering application - you can't do any 'hand work' in that
kind of app, so if I get an interesting fractal I then take it into PSP.
In this pic, I wanted to make the fractal peak shapes look more like the
Alps. To do that, I primarily used the Retouch tool in different modes
(the cartoon eyes are courtesy of Ron Lacey.. thanks Ron!). It's all an
intuitive thing as you go along.. smudge a bit here, then smudge some
there, a little lighter here, a little darker there, now smudge here
some more.. hmm.. maybe needs just a bit more light over there.. etc.
etc. Since this pic is black and white, I only used Smudge, Soften,
Lightness Up, Lightness Down, and Lightness to Target.. but with even
just those four modes it was a total pain because of the way you have to
interrupt the "creative flow" to do all that scrolling and clicking to
change modes and mode settings. It's not like I can do all the Smudging
at one time, then switch and do all the Lightening, etc. It's constant
switching. Now, imagine that you're working on a pic that has colors and
*not* just black and white ( I didn't happen to have a before/after
example of that handy to post).. so it's not only switching between the
five modes I used in this one.. but because there are colors.. there's
also constant switching etc. between all the different Hue and
Saturation modes as well.

I'm not very good at explaining things like this very well..(you can see
why I don't write tutorials, lol)... but hopefully that gives an idea of
what you can do with the Retouch tool.. and also an idea of what an
absolute scroll-and-click nightmare it is when doing work of this type.

--
Nightingail's Gallery
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Quote:> **********************************************
> Porter, do you have any tutorials where you use the retouch tool and
all (or
> some) it's varieties.  I've yet to get into this "game," but you
obviously
> find it very useful.  I know I'm missing something.

1. POV-Ray macro - accurate sun position macro

Hello folks

I'm fairly new to this ray-tracing lark, but I had a whim to include
accurately aligned sunlight.

So I came up with a macro that returns a vector pointing at the current
position of the sun for a given date, time, latitude, and longitude.
It's probably overkill, but it was a fun learning experience in
celestial mechanics.

If anyone's interested, it's available on my web page at
http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~chris.dennis, along with a sun dial and
assorted other images.

Future plans are for accurate sky colours, the moon, and maybe some
constellations.  Any comments are welcome.

cheers

Chris
--
Chris Dennis                          chris dennis at ndirect co uk
Bristol, England

2. Wtd: PS 3.01->3.04 upgd

3. JASC Macro?

4. Harvard Graphics to gif/jpg or other bitmap??

5. Working with object declare and macros (PovRAY)

6. A few questions: Text path, tablet advice and a single annoyance.

7. macro and debian povray 3.02

8. little question about roundrect

9. need help on a macro

10. POV Questions: #macro problem and look_like

11. Looking for a macro

12. Increment Macros

13. Pov-Ray Traffic Lights Macro: