best video card for video analysis/image recognition?

best video card for video analysis/image recognition?

Post by Brent Oste » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:45:46

Hi there.  I might be doing some automated analysis of images in
realtime and was pondering how to keep it fast and still be pretty
accurate.  It occured to me that there might be video cards that can do
interesting and funky video-related processing for me... but I'm not
terribly familiar with either the home or professional cards out there.

To give a degenerately simple example of what I'll be doing, let's say I
had an image in RAM that amounted to a solid white circle against a
black background.  The software would want to do something like surround
the circle in red to highlight it, and so would have to figure out that
it is there in the first place (image recognition).

I'm interested in finding a card (add-on or not) that will give me a
hardware-assist to this, to make sure I can do the image recognition in
real time.  It doesn't need to be a video card, it just needs to make
the process fast.  Unfortunately I don't know too many details about the
project yet... it's still in the planning stage.  So I can't really be
too specific.  I thought I'd just check out what options are out there,
and ask for advice.

I welcome any recomendations that anyone has.

--
Brent Oster.
fortune -m Audobon              fortune -m Quincey

1. Could someone suggest a great video card 32 meg video card with video out

I hope someone can help me, I'am building a SCUSI 2 or SCUSI 3 gamming
system and I'am loking for a great 32 meg video card, But can't seem to
find one? Also I have the same problem with finding a digital audio
card,Can someone Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank's C. Tantlinger

                      http://www.help.com/

2. ANNOUNCE: Gautam N. Lad's POV-Ray Page Updated (due to wrong link)

3. Micro Conversions VIDEO WIZARD graphics card with video-out, video-in, and tuner

4. Impressario..

5. WTB: Nu-Bus Spigot II Tape Card or Video Spigot Card (Video Capture -Nubus)

6. Lens Flares..

7. Simple Video Image Analysis

8. IMAGE Analysis and recognition

9. --- PETITION for a MODERN BASIC VIDEO MODE on PC VIDEO CARDS ---

10. -- PETITION for a MODERN BASIC VIDEO MODE on PC VIDEO CARDS ---

11. Xclaim 3D Plus Video Card: Digital LCD, S-Video/TV Out, VGA Out

12. Video Wizard pci card Problems (VP-VW4M-PCI Video Wizard)