Dual-head on Indigo 2 with Irix 6.5

Post by Kalle Andersso » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 06:03:26

Hello!

I recently bought another Solid Impact (I've got two now), and added to
my Indigo2. Works excellent, Xsgi found the other card and gave me a
second screen.

But, I'd like to be able to move windows between them just like Xinerama
can.
At the moment I can only move the cursor/focus between the screens, just
like x2x and nscd.

Any ideas?

--
Best regards
Kalle Andersson

Post by Dirk Mülle » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:13:25

> Hello!

> I recently bought another Solid Impact (I've got two now), and added to
> my Indigo2. Works excellent, Xsgi found the other card and gave me a
> second screen.

> But, I'd like to be able to move windows between them just like Xinerama
> can.
> At the moment I can only move the cursor/focus between the screens, just
> like x2x and nscd.

> Any ideas?

Yepp. This is behaviour as expected. There is no xinerama extension in
Xsgi yet. So you have to close the application on head 0 and restart it
with the display set to head 1.

Dirk

Dual-head on Indigo 2 with Irix 6.5

Post by Jonas Karlsso » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:47:22

Quote:

> Yepp. This is behaviour as expected. There is no xinerama extension in
> Xsgi yet. So you have to close the application on head 0 and restart it
> with the display set to head 1.

> Dirk

Strange. Well are you sure it is the Xsgi, I do this all the time on my
Onyx (Conas 8 card)?

//Jonas

Dual-head on Indigo 2 with Irix 6.5

Post by Wolfgang Szoe » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:52:26

Quote:

>> Yepp. This is behaviour as expected. There is no xinerama extension in
>> Xsgi yet. So you have to close the application on head 0 and restart it
>> with the display set to head 1.

>> Dirk

> Strange. Well are you sure it is the Xsgi, I do this all the time on my
> Onyx (Conas 8 card)?

you simply mix up the two definitions: multi-head (aka multi-pipe) and
multi CHANNEL (one pipe with several displays)

while on the first (multi pipe) it won't work without any special hack
(like xinerama), it's normal that on the second (multi-channel) it will work
transparently.

wolfgang

Post by Kalle Andersso » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 05:05:26

> >> Yepp. This is behaviour as expected. There is no xinerama extension in
> >> Xsgi yet. So you have to close the application on head 0 and restart it
> >> with the display set to head 1.

> >> Dirk

> > Strange. Well are you sure it is the Xsgi, I do this all the time on my
> > Onyx (Conas 8 card)?

> you simply mix up the two definitions: multi-head (aka multi-pipe) and
> multi CHANNEL (one pipe with several displays)

> while on the first (multi pipe) it won't work without any special hack
> (like xinerama), it's normal that on the second (multi-channel) it will work
> transparently.

> wolfgang

Any idea if this feature going to be added to Xsgi sometime soon?

--
Best Regards
Kalle Andersson

Post by Jonas Karlsso » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:43:21

> > > Strange. Well are you sure it is the Xsgi, I do this all the time on my
> > > Onyx (Conas 8 card)?

> > you simply mix up the two definitions: multi-head (aka multi-pipe) and
> > multi CHANNEL (one pipe with several displays)

> > while on the first (multi pipe) it won't work without any special hack
> > (like xinerama), it's normal that on the second (multi-channel) it will work
> > transparently.

Yes. Absolutely right, I did.

//Jonas

1. TIFF-Viewer under IRIX 6.5

Hi!

Who knows a simple, quick and memory-saving graphic-viewer, which shows
TIFF-images under sgi-IRIX (especially very large 1-bit-formats
[CAD-Drawings])??

It should have a practicable, simple-to-use zoom-function and it must be
easy to scroll. It should be freeware (!) or shareware and has to be
ready compiled for IRIX 6.x. Is it available for download in the WWW?

Thanks and greetings!

Thomas

2. Advertisement: Website Hosting

3. C pre-processor for IRIX 6.5 for BMRT ?

4. TNT bug with Normal Arrays

5. Onyx RE2 with MCO using a remote vcam board, running IRIX 6.2 or 6.5

6. Inspiration and help in painting

7. g++/Xt/iostream/GLU weirdness under Irix 6.5

8. Morphing software

9. netpbm binaries needed for IRIX 6.5

10. Problem with graphic app. on Irix 6.5

11. Help to transplate a software of Ocatne,Indigo2 to O2 on Irix 6.5

12. Compiling GLUT 3.7 for IRIX 6.5 with GCC?