help: port application from GL to OpenGL

help: port application from GL to OpenGL

Post by Bi Lingso » Sat, 21 May 1994 00:38:39

Hi,

I wrote a program using GL on SGI 4D/380 VGX sometime ago and now
I would like to rewrite it using OpenGL.  My questions are:

1) Where I can get OpenGL library?  Can I use anonymous FTP?
2) GL library seems to work only on SGI workstation.  When I try to use
another X-terminal (non SGI) for displaying, it always gives error message.
Does OpenGL have the same problem?
3) What are the advantages of using OpenGL over GL?  Are there FAQ's somewhere?

Any pointer to the above questions are appreciated.

Lingsong

1. help: port application from Gl to OpenGL

Hi,

I wrote a program using GL on SGI 4D/380 VGX sometime ago and now
I would like to rewrite it using OpenGL.  My questions are:

1) Where I can get OpenGL library?  Can I use anonymous FTP?
2) GL library seems to work only on SGI workstation.  When I try to use
another X-terminal (non SGI) for displaying, it always gives error message.
Does OpenGL have the same problem?
3) What are the advantages of using OpenGL over GL?  Are there FAQ's somewhere?

Any pointer to the above questions are appreciated.

Lingsong

2. identify sharp edges

3. Help needed on GL->OpenGL port

4. could somebody help me with an image?

5. Port SGI applications to OpenGL compatible?

6. please !! cinema4d xl 6.0 upload!!!

7. Fast Persp. Texture mapping

8. Has anyone ported IRIS GL to Opengl?????

9. Simple question about porting GL -> OpenGL

10. Porting IRIS GL code to OpenGL

11. Port of IRIS-GL charstr() to OpenGL

12. Speed implication of porting GL to OpenGL