How to trace app's glXChooseVisual call?

How to trace app's glXChooseVisual call?

Post by Benjamin Goldste » Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:34:33

I have a commercial application that calls glXChooseVisual with fairly
high requirements.  So far, only SGI workstations (tested Extreme
through Vpro) and Windows PCs running Exceed offer acceptable visuals.
 I would like to know what parameters it is calling glXChooseVisual
with so that I can figure what to look for in other X servers.

I tried using ogldebug but it doesn't list the parameters.  I also
tried dbx'ing the binary and viewing the stack trace but the pointer
to the attrList array contains impossible data.  I was able to dbx a
binary that I created and correctly match up the parameters to
glXChooseVisual so I don't understand what is going on.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks