Moving camera help

Post by Dennis Mille » Sat, 19 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hello!  I am trying to move the camera and and around an array of 5 x 5
x 5 shperes.  I want to start out below the front view, move up to the
top, move over the top of the arrow (looking down into it), then move
actually into the array itself (hope that is clear).  All of this
against the clock, I would guess.  I still need to use the linear clock
(0 to 1) to change the lighting in this scene, so I think i prefer to
sue some while statements, but I must confess I can't quite get this one
to work.  Anyway, I am very grateful in advance for any help.  I
actually had a good working model of this thing that went away when the
power went out last night (no comments, please!)  It wasn't pretty code,
but it was working pretty well without the while statements.  Might as
well learn to do it right.
Any suggestions?
d.

Moving camera help

Post by Parall » Sat, 19 Apr 1997 04:00:00

On 18 Apr 1997 20:50:50 GMT, "Paul \"Voss\" Hinds"

>I think looking into Chris Colefax' spline path editor may solve your
>problem. I haven't experimented with it yet, but it looked worthwhile!

I am playing with the spline editor now, and it's great! Kind of hard
to get started, but once you do, it's no problem. Great for moving
cameras and look_at locations.

--Parallax

Moving camera help

Post by Paul » Sat, 19 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I'm a BIG believer in UPS'.

I think looking into Chris Colefax' spline path editor may solve your
problem. I haven't experimented with it yet, but it looked worthwhile!

Paul "Voss" Hinds

1. Moving camera - help

Hi,

I'm still trying to get a camera to follow a object that moves in my
scene. SoCamera::pointAt  seems to be what I want, but I can't connect
it to the engine which outputs the position of my object. I get errors
like "can't convert SoEngineOutput to SbVec3f", or "no instance of
connectFrom..."

Is there a way to connect a camera to an engine, or have it move using
such data? An example would help! :)

Thanks,

Georgina  Hackett

2. Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro problems with 3dsmax?

3. Light blockers moving when the camera moves

4. Rotation about an arbitary axis

5. Moving camera with moving objects in Inventor

6. Advert: A powerful Lightwave plugin - Surface Effectors/DSFX 1.1

7. OpenInventor: Help with moving camera orientation

8. Help with camera move

9. HELP: Camera keeps moving

10. need help: camera move from file

11. Convenient matrix notation for moving a raytracer camera?