1. OpenGL overlay does not run on PI/35 TG, IRIX 5.3
Yasuhiro \"Bobby\" Uraki <bobby> writes:
| I make a sample for overlay. But the sample
| does not run on PI/35 TG, IRIX 5.3.
| The error message is...
| % xm-ogl
| Error: GLwMDrawingArea: requested visual not supported
| Is it bug ?
OpenGL support on TG graphics is limited. I can't find the
documentation to prove it, but I think I remember hearing that OpenGL
rendering in the overlays is not supported for PI and VGX.
Here is the relevent section from the gl_dev release notes, chapter 6:
OpenGL is supported on all graphics adaptors except for the
G, GT and GTX. (Note that support for VGX, VGXT and PI G and
TG graphics is new in 5.3.) Here is the complete list:
Indy - XL 8/24 bits
Indigo - Starter, XS, XS24, XZ, Elan
IndigoII - XL, XZ, Extreme
Crimson - Starter, XS, XS24, Elan, Extreme, VGX, VGXT,
Onyx - VTX, RealityEngine, RealityEngine2
4D20/25 and 4D30/35 - G, TG
4D30/35 - Elan
All these implementations pass Level 0 of the conformance
tests (i.e., the "mustpass" test suite). Also, all the
adaptors except VGX, VGXT, PI G and PI TG pass most of the
balance of the conformance tests. The VGX, VGXT, PI G and PI
TG use a rendering pipeline that is more like IrisGL and
therefore fail most of the lighting conformance tests in
addition to other tests. (Please see the conformance
reports for details.)
Michael I. Gold http://reality.sgi.com/employees/gold 415/933-1709
And my mama cried, "Nanook a no no! Don't be a naughty eskimo! Save your
money, don't go to the show!" Well I turned around and I said, "Ho! Ho!"
2. PS Plugin Programming?
3. IRIX 5.3 color bug??
4. Please read, It's worth your time!
5. 3d GRAPHICS BUGS ON INDY R4400XZ IRIX 5.3
6. Graphical designer / dtp person - UNEP / GRID Arendal, Southern NORWAY
7. Bug of Xsgi or xdm on IRIX 5.3?
8. Problem porting X application from IRIX 5.3 to IRIX 6.4
9. IrisGL problem: IRIX 5.3 --> IRIX 6.2
10. POV-RAY for Irix 5.3 - help
11. POVRAY for SGI Irix 5.3
12. Povray 3.01 compilation on SGI Irix 5.3