Advice wanted on Volume Rendering

Post by Jorrit Schaa » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hello all,

I just started a project to visualize 3D medical images.
Except for VTK, which software can I use which is 'optimized' for this
kind of Volume Rendering?

Thanx in advance,

Jorrit Schaap
Division of Medical Image Processing
Leiden University Medical Centre

http://3d-links.3dark.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/3d-links/3Dlinks/search.cgi...

--
Ken Tyler

Post by Dr Y Wu/Able Softwa » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

: Hello all,

: I just started a project to visualize 3D medical images.
: Except for VTK, which software can I use which is 'optimized' for this
: kind of Volume Rendering?

Information and full demo version for 3D-DOCTOR software is available
at http://www.ablesw.com/3d-doctor

Y. Ted Wu, Ph.D.,       Able Software Corp.
Web: http://www.ablesw.com/3d-doctor

Phone: 781-862-2804     Fax: 781-862-2640
3D-DOCTOR: Advanced 3-D Imaging Software for Researchers
Yecheng (Ted) Wu, Ph.D., President/CEO,       Able Software Corp.

Post by Angus Dorbi » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Hello all,

> I just started a project to visualize 3D medical images.
> Except for VTK, which software can I use which is 'optimized' for this
> kind of Volume Rendering?

Free cross platform library here including windows support:

http://www.sgi.com/software/volumizer/

--
"Only the mediocre are always at their best." -- Jean Giraudoux

For advanced 3D graphics Performer + OpenGL based examples and tutors:
http://www.dorbie.com/

Post by Chris Morle » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> > Hello all,

> > I just started a project to visualize 3D medical images.
> > Except for VTK, which software can I use which is 'optimized' for this
> > kind of Volume Rendering?

> Free cross platform library here including windows support:

> http://www.sgi.com/software/volumizer/

http://www.sgi.com/software/volumizer/downloads.html

According to the web page the supported platforms are your choice of
Irix 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, or 6.5. I suppose that could be considered "cross
platform" if you don't leave your office much...

Sun Solaris support "Anticipated later this year" and Windows NT
is "Anticipated at the beginning of the year 2000 as an extension to
Fahrenheit." Is the web page up to date?

Does anyone have any volume rendering software (preferably open
source OpenGL) available now?

--
Chris Morley

Advice wanted on Volume Rendering

Post by Lianyun H » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Dear Sir:

I need some 3D images(dataset)  to do research, can you tell me where to
get them?

Thanks.

Post by JB Wes » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> > > Hello all,

> > > I just started a project to visualize 3D medical images.
> > > Except for VTK, which software can I use which is 'optimized' for this
> > > kind of Volume Rendering?
> Sun Solaris support "Anticipated later this year" and Windows NT
> is "Anticipated at the beginning of the year 2000 as an extension to
> Fahrenheit." Is the web page up to date?

Yes, that's about right i'd say.

Well, you get what you pay for, sort of. Volumizer can render
at rates in excess of 200Million voxels/second for large volumes
(1Gigabyte+), and 2,000Million voxels/second for 64MegaByte volumes,
on some SGI machines (like mine :) ) .

You'll never get anywhere near that with a) other stuff out there,
and/or b) on Sun's or (most) PC cards right now.

Sooo, which do you want; an OK one for lots o platforms,
or sumthin that rips...

Quote:> Chris Morley

--

.sig

.

Advice wanted on Volume Rendering

Post by John Maddis » Mon, 22 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello all,

>I just started a project to visualize 3D medical images.
>Except for VTK, which software can I use which is 'optimized' for this
>kind of Volume Rendering?

Try Fi_render PC based volume render currentlyin beta release.

www.fairifield-imaging.co.uk

John

Post by Mohammad Ahsan Kha » Mon, 22 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> >Hello all,

> >I just started a project to visualize 3D medical images.
> >Except for VTK, which software can I use which is 'optimized' for this
> >kind of Volume Rendering?

> Try Fi_render PC based volume render currentlyin beta release.

> www.fairifield-imaging.co.uk

> John

You may also try OpenGL Volumizer from SGI, please look at
<http://www.sgi.com/software/volumizer/>

-Ahsan

Advice wanted on Volume Rendering

Post by Emy Jorda » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello all,

>I just started a project to visualize 3D medical images.
>Except for VTK, which software can I use which is 'optimized' for this
>kind of Volume Rendering?

You might try Amedic-3D by A1 Alpha, Inc.: www.a1alpha.com/medical/

Emy Jordan

1. Advice wanted on Volume Rendering

Hello all,

I just started a project to visualize 3D medical images.
Except for VTK, which software can I use which is 'optimized' for this
kind of Volume Rendering?

Thanx in advance,

Jorrit Schaap
Division of Medical Image Processing
Leiden University Medical Centre

2. glRead with textured scenes???

3. Advice wanted: real time volume rendering

4. HELP: GL Fonts

5. WANTED: Volume Rendering Bibliography

6. Free art Web site listing

7. WANTED: bibliography on volume rendering techniques

8. wanted: good PD volume rendering package

9. WANTED: Volume data -> surface algorithm wanted

10. Volume based rendering algorithm

11. BUZ WORDS?? -- Volume Rendering