difference between colors in netscape and psp?

difference between colors in netscape and psp?

Post by Standardarbejdspladsbruge » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi.
Some graphics made in psp using the 'websafe' palette, do not have the
same nuance when used in netscape, even though the hex color codes
are identical!

Have any of you had the same problem?

Thomas B.

difference between colors in netscape and psp?

Post by Ronald Vic » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:02:26 +0100, Standardarbejdspladsbruger

Quote:>Hi.
>Some graphics made in psp using the 'websafe' palette, do not have the
>same nuance when used in netscape, even though the hex color codes
>are identical!

>Have any of you had the same problem?

>Thomas B.

Address of example?

Ron- PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter, Executive Officer.
FAQs at http://www.alphageo.com/psp/faq.html
Very FAQ at http://members.aol.com/psptopten/topten.html
My tips at http://hometown.aol.com/ronaldlvick/index.html

difference between colors in netscape and psp?

Post by Cath » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Yes I have...annoying isn't it.....!

Try placing an image on the background and matching the background to the
image...both browsers do not show correctly. (yes I know using a transparent
background could help, sometimes I find them annoying because they come on
the screen with white pixels showing and you have to hit refresh to make the
image show correctly)  My mistake was developing a splash screen without a
web safe color...ex: in point here...
http://www.members.home.net/jjager/tpg/tpg_index.htm

Background could get matched up either in IE or Netscape but not in between.

Solution...for this particular problem....took a web safe color and placed
scan lines ontop producing intermittent websafe/non web safe colors on the
background while still maintaining basically the same hue of the backgrd
originally started with......here is my solution/example for this particular
project..:
http://www.members.home.net/jjager/tpg/tpg0003_spl.htm

play with it..and I find that using the small utility called: Dotcolor or
Color Sampler extremely helpful ...good luck!

Sincerely, Cathy J
http://www.members.home.net/jjager/

Quote:> Hi.
> Some graphics made in psp using the 'websafe' palette, do not have the
> same nuance when used in netscape, even though the hex color codes
> are identical!

> Have any of you had the same problem?

> Thomas B.

difference between colors in netscape and psp?

Post by Aislin » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Yes I have...annoying isn't it.....!

> Try placing an image on the background and matching the background to the
> image...both browsers do not show correctly. (yes I know using a
transparent
> background could help, sometimes I find them annoying because they come on
> the screen with white pixels showing and you have to hit refresh to make
the
> image show correctly)  My mistake was developing a splash screen without a
> web safe color...ex: in point here...
> http://www.members.home.net/jjager/tpg/tpg_index.htm

> Background could get matched up either in IE or Netscape but not in

between.

[snip stuff]

Another solution that can be very useful in certain situations is to create
a small 10x10 pixel tile of the background color and use that, rather than
just relying on the browser to render colors properly.  The tile is small
enough to make load time negligible, and it's a viable alternative if making
transparent GIFs isn't your cup of tea.

Regards,
~Linn

--
Aislinn's Inspirations
http://aislinn.itgo.com

Remove "boing" to reply by e-mail.

Post by Britt » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Some graphics made in psp using the 'websafe' palette, do not have the
> same nuance when used in netscape, even though the hex color codes
> are identical!

yep - it's to do with how browsers render/interpret
colours.

There's an excellent article by John Dowdell at Macromedia on this very
topic:

What can make HTML colors look different than GIF colors?
http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/documents/html_color...

Cheers :)
Britta :)

Email:  morepork at gmx dot net
VOA     http://free.prohosting.com/~voa

1. Differences between PSP 5.01 and PSP 6

I've been lurking on this group for a few days now, and have noticed
that many of you are talking about the new features of PSP 6.  I am
currently using PSP 5.01 and have looked for a list of what new
features have been added in the upgrade.  All I have found was
http://www.paintshoppro.com/psp6f.html which didn't make 6 look all
that different from 5.  Is there a site that has more information
on the changes?

Thank you,
-Josh

2. biped ?

3. PSP 6.0 and Netscape crossing wires

4. Bombing GIF-Anim...

5. Netscape and PSP

6. CAD ON FTP

7. PSP 8 - Skew difference?

8. Help with Access violation

9. Luminosity difference between PSP and Web page

10. Font differences between PSP v5 and v6

11. 216 colors in Netscape

12. REQ: Custom Color Set of the Netscape Palette for Fractal Painter v4