Print font outline, white center, colored background in c w95

1. Trying to get white background to print white

I have a black-and-white practice cartoon that I drew in Photoshop and
was trying to print. Unfortunately, the white background comes out
grey when I print. From what I've read in the group, this is a color
management issue, and I probably messed things up by having the
Photoshop work in CMYK by default. How do I tell Photoshop that an RGB
value of 255/255/255 means "don't put ink on the paper"? More to the
point, how do I work the color management in Photoshop correctly, so I
can avoid future confusion?

BTW, a PNG of the picture, for what it's worth, is at
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/f658a3cb/bc/Public/ugly-lopsided-bird....

2. At Run Time, dynamically adding ANY TYPE of Controls in VB

3. true type fonts won't print in w95 except from corel97

4. PC Mac Gif Ani Incompatability problem

5. SuperVGA crash error with W95, 16 colors and FNT font

6. detect image size

7. Printing White Background

8. Lightwave vs Strata Studiopro and render quality

9. white background prints light blue

10. printed background not white

11. Font color for the background color given

12. printing from white background