Corel Draw: Problems Exporting & Pasting Graphics

Corel Draw: Problems Exporting & Pasting Graphics

Post by Ben Le » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00



I've got some line drawing in corel draw that I'd like to export to a Word
document.  However, when I perform a copy/paste, the graphic is converted to
a bit-mapped image and the print out looks terrible.  When I've tried
exporting graphics, it seems that the objects don't seem to hold their
relative positions well, i.e., draw objects appear to have moved.

Any help or common experiences would be appreciated...

thanks
ben lee

 
 
 

Corel Draw: Problems Exporting & Pasting Graphics

Post by KroBon » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00


Try using Quark & Freehand (or Illustrator) and give up on Tinkertoy
software like Corel & Word. It's like using a toy hammer to pound nails.

------------------------
"Everyone is not entitled to their own opinion.
 Everyone is entitled to their own INTELLIGENT opinion"  

HARLAN ELLISON

 
 
 

Corel Draw: Problems Exporting & Pasting Graphics

Post by Gavriel Sta » Mon, 05 Jan 1998 04:00:00




>I've got some line drawing in corel draw that I'd like to export to a Word
>document.  However, when I perform a copy/paste, the graphic is converted to
>a bit-mapped image and the print out looks terrible.  When I've tried
>exporting graphics, it seems that the objects don't seem to hold their
>relative positions well, i.e., draw objects appear to have moved.

When you copy/paste CorelDraw creates a 72 dpi raster PICT.  When you
export, you can choose the resolution you want, and you can tell
it to embed an EPS within the PICT so that when you print to a
postscript printer, you'll get high res output.  If you're printing
to a non-PS printer, export to a higher resolution PICT (or TIFF, or
whatever).

--
     Gavriel State | Just some guy who writes Mac software
----------------------------------------------------------------
   This is a private account;  I don't speak for my employer

 
 
 

Corel Draw: Problems Exporting & Pasting Graphics

Post by Ben Le » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00




Quote:>Try using Quark & Freehand (or Illustrator) and give up on Tinkertoy
>software like Corel & Word. It's like using a toy hammer to pound nails.

>------------------------
>"Everyone is not entitled to their own opinion.
> Everyone is entitled to their own INTELLIGENT opinion"  

>HARLAN ELLISON

Thankyou so much for this enlightened response.
Your posting really helped me with my problem. Now, i can retype
a 50 page thesis into Quark express and all will be right in the
world.  "it's like using a $849 fine tip artist brush to paint the side of
a house"
 
 
 

Corel Draw: Problems Exporting & Pasting Graphics

Post by Ben Le » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00


You're right Gavriel,  And i'll probably resort to this solution.
It's just too bad that I can't export/copy&paste the objects themselves
like other draw packages (like Claris Draw).  It would really help in
reducing the size of the file.  Also for some reason, when I export curves
via 300 dpi pict file, the curves don't look quite as good as the draw
objects
I import from other draw packages.... I'm assuming this is a short-coming
with corel, yes?

thanks for your response
ben





>>I've got some line drawing in corel draw that I'd like to export to a Word
>>document.  However, when I perform a copy/paste, the graphic is converted
to
>>a bit-mapped image and the print out looks terrible.  When I've tried
>>exporting graphics, it seems that the objects don't seem to hold their
>>relative positions well, i.e., draw objects appear to have moved.

>When you copy/paste CorelDraw creates a 72 dpi raster PICT.  When you
>export, you can choose the resolution you want, and you can tell
>it to embed an EPS within the PICT so that when you print to a
>postscript printer, you'll get high res output.  If you're printing
>to a non-PS printer, export to a higher resolution PICT (or TIFF, or
>whatever).

>--
>     Gavriel State | Just some guy who writes Mac software
>----------------------------------------------------------------
>   This is a private account;  I don't speak for my employer

 
 
 

1. Problems exporting Corel Draw 7 files to bitmap

When I try to export a page to a bitmap from Corel 7, at a resolution of
say, 300dpi, the program cuts off the bottom of the page. If I reduce the
resolution, then I can fit the entire page onto the bitmap.

But sometimes I need a high resolution A4 sized document converted into a
bitmap to give to a print shop. What can I do?

2. Cross Stitch Pattern Plug-in?

3. Parts of corel draw objects/graphic are disappears in Corel Draw 6.0

4. Color-index mode on Windows NT

5. Cut and Paste from PowerPoint 97 crashes Corel Draw 8

6. Where the camera

7. Problems with Corel Draw/Ventura & WMF files

8. GIANT CAMERA

9. problem with printing graphics in COREL-DRAW 6.0

10. exporting gif files from corel draw

11. EXPORTING FILES FROM COREL DRAW IN GIF FORMAT

12. Corel Draw 11 - export - Tif files - size limitations