New open source raster image manipulation library

New open source raster image manipulation library

Post by Sasha Vask » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:33:05

Check this out :

http://afterstep.sf.net/afterimage/

This is something that I wrote for AfterStep window manager,
but it has grown to be rather powerfull raster image
manipulation library. The accent has been made on high quality
image processing - instead of 8bit per channel with saturation,
it does 32 bit per channel with subsequent translation into 8bit
  with error diffusion to compensate for bandwidth loss. It
actually performs very well, despite perceived complexity.

Some other things to mention :

Supports about 10 file formats.
Could work with and without X windows.
XML based image manipulation.
High quality 128bit raster engine.
TrueType antialiased text rendering.
In memory image compression.

Have fun.
Sasha.

1. New Open source raster image library

Check this out :

http://afterstep.sf.net/afterimage/

This is something that I wrote for AfterStep window manager,
but it has grown to be rather powerfull raster image
manipulation library. The accent has been made on high quality
image processing - instead of 8bit per channel with saturation,
it does 32 bit per channel with subsequent translation into 8bit
  with error diffusion to compensate for bandwidth loss. Image
data could then be compressed using RLE on per channel basis. It
actually performs very well, despite perceived complexity.

Some other things to mention :

Supports about 10 file formats.
Could work with and without X windows.
XML based image manipulation.
High quality 128bit raster engine.
15 image blending methods.
Fast image scaling with interpolation.
HSV adjustment.
Gradients and TrueType antialiased text rendering.
In memory image compression.

Have fun.
Sasha.

2. Line Math

3. Drawbox: a new open source C++ graphics library

4. How do you draw a line in Gimp?

5. Question: Raster Images Manipulation

6. 3 simple questions

7. the newest open source of Open Inventor?

8. ImageMagick 5.1.1 - tools and libraries for image manipulation

9. PICT or Image manipulation libraries

10. library for image manipulation

11. Any open source graphics library?

12. Open Source Scene Graph Libraries